About the Opportunity
- Do you love sharing your technical expertise with others?
- Do you have a knack for communicating complicated things in a simple way?
- Do you enjoy helping people find solutions to business and technical challenges?
Learning Services, a part of the Contentful Professional Services organization, is charged with creating impactful, scalable learning experiences to help software development and content creation teams get the most out of the Contentful platform. We don’t do average. We’re out to set the industry standard for helping customers and partners quickly create value while building on best practices that lead to long-term success.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate technical trainer with strong software programming and training delivery skills to provide fantastic learning experiences for our customers and partners. Experience with content management systems is a strong plus.
What to expect?
- Because you are a fast learner and have lots of relevant experience, you will quickly become a Contentful expert (if you’re not one already).
- You will deliver virtual and in-person workshops to Contentful customers and partners on Contentful architecture and features, content modeling best practices, using Contentful APIs and SDKs, CI/CD strategies, extending the Contentful environment with apps, and other topics.
- You will inspire customers and partners to become enthusiastic fans of Contentful by communicating a compelling vision of Contentful’s features, value proposition, and the strategic role that content infrastructure plays in facilitating digital transformation.
- You will serve as a Contentful subject matter expert and technical resource for the Learning Services team, helping the team design new learning experiences, document best practices, and create helpful tools, job-aids, code samples, and other resources for Contentful users.
- You will establish a relationship of trust with Contentful’s product management and development teams that will enable you to communicate customer needs, use cases, challenges, and feedback in a way that drives improvement of the Contentful product.
What you need to be successful
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field.
- You have 5+ years of experience working in a technical role such as software developer, sales engineer, or professional services.
- You have 2+ years of experience in a technical training role.
- You have experience with Contentful or other content management systems (e.g., Adobe AEM, Sitecore, Drupal, Contentstack, etc.).
- You have exposure to DevOps tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, and TravisCI; static site generators such as Gatsby, Middleman, Jekyll, and Metalsmith; and front-end frameworks/libraries such as React, Angular, and Vue.
- You have both presentation and facilitation skills. You can present material in an engaging way, read a room, and think on your feet. But you also can guide learners through a discovery process without being the “sage on the stage.”
- You have excellent educational instincts and have created instructor-led courses and other learning materials.
- You have experience delivering in both face-to-face and virtual instruction/webinar formats.
- You are available to travel up to 40% (eventually, when circumstances permit).
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.