About the opportunity
The Growth Team at Contentful is a newly established cross-functional team with the mission of driving Contentful’s self-service business through product-led growth. The team has full responsibility for the strategy and performance of a significant part of Contenful’s business with the goal to make self-service an even bigger part of the Contentful success story.
What to expect?
As Frontend Software Engineer in the Growth Team, you will design, build and run our product-led growth experiments and measure their impact on metrics like revenue, customer growth, retention, or engagement.
Together with your colleagues from Product, Design and Engineering you will work on user facing features, activation experiences and many other areas that improve the customer experience and help to connect more customers to the value that Contentful provides.
You'll gain exposure to a wide range of technologies and approaches that are not limited to frontend development but will also give you a comprehensive grasp of the entire product.
What you need to be successful?
- Strong expertise with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Solid knowledge of React framework
- Knowledge of Typescript is a big plus
- You communicate well in English and you know how to cultivate empathy and openness towards people from all over the globe.
- Knowing how to make trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Have strong teamwork skills, open to diverse opinions, and can give reasons for your technical decisions.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Comprehensive health care package (health, vision, dental insurance, life and disability insurance) and a retirement savings plan
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Our Berlin based employees: Get fit! We offer an Urban Sports Club discount and virtual morning fitness class to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.