About the Opportunity
As a Manager, Account Management at Contentful, you will be instrumental in driving customer retention by managing the renewal process with Contentful’s Enterprise customer base. You will be proactively aligning with Accounts Executives and Customer Success on account plans and engaging with customers about their upcoming contract renewal. By streamlining the renewal process, you help to ensure positive customer experiences and increased net revenue retention (NRR).
What to expect?
- Align with the Account Executive and create an action plan for a successful renewal.
- Prepare and present data and trends to customers on current usage of the Contentful platform.
- Gain insight into customer goals and strategically package the solutions and pricing that meets those goals.
- Drive customer conversations to uncover things like procurement timelines, budgets and signatory process for contracts.
- Uncover expansion and upsell opportunities through the renewal process.
- Develop innovative proposals and negotiate contracts.
- Manage contract generation through signature.
What you need to be successful?
- College / University Degree educated
- 2+ years of work experience preferred; previous SDR/BDR experience, Renewals Management or Account Management is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly adaptable
- Well developed attention to detail and organization skills
- Can track and prioritize work based on deadlines
- Ability to build rapport with customers, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Ability to present data to customers and drive conversations to uncover things like procurement timelines, budgets and signatory process.
- Ability to think strategically about a customer’s goals and present solutions to those goals for the next contract term
- Willingness to travel (up to 10%)
- Ability to follow the set processes, update the relevant systems diligently, and make suggestions on improvements where required
- Ability to work with standard software such as Salesforce, etc.
- Technical understanding and keen interest for technology
- Customer-first mindset, where you and company wins by helping our customers to be successful.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $120,000 - $127,500
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.