About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a content writer who gets excited by the idea of creating B2B content that informs, educates and inspires. This writer will create both long- and short-form content, supporting writing needs for our blog, downloadable assets, customer stories and other content formats as necessary. The role requires a talented content creator who knows how to turn information people need into information they want, while upholding editorial standards and displaying a sense of purpose in everything they create.
The ideal candidate will know how to use the written word to support digital marketing and brand development efforts. They will sit on our content marketing team and work closely with our customer, campaigns, product and partner teams.
What to expect
- A diverse content experience in which you will work on a mix of writing projects that span blogs, ebooks, white papers, editorial reviews and emerging content needs
- Content projects that require a firm understanding of our customers’ interests and challenges and mapping those to Contentful’s benefits through thoughtful, readable copy
- A collaborative environment designed to inform and progress projects, balanced with independent periods of writing
- Team-supported and self-motivated research on content writing best practices and latest trends to form an opinion on why and how new approaches should be considered at Contentful
- Big picture strategies and localized tactics so that every piece of content created ties into our overarching content strategy while delivering on a specific need for our customers
What do you need to be successful?
- 3-5 years experience in content writing, preferably for enterprise B2B technology
- Ability to understand complex technological ideas and distill them into readable copy that doesn’t feel like work to consume
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative group environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable writing in a way that aligns with brand messaging, narrative and tone of voice
- Comfortable multitasking, managing projects that require multiple reviews from various stakeholders and prioritizing projects effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build stakeholder relationships and manage project expectations and timeliness
- Portfolio of content projects that showcases a compelling writing approach and strong editorial skills
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $72,000-$80,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 450 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.