ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Our Software Engineer, UX role is perfect for candidates who are interested in bridging the gap between traditional boundaries of development and design, determining design patterns and systems in service of maintaining and growing a sophisticated, stateful single page web application. This means you will play an important part in shaping the UX of features as well as programming with React and Typescript to implement components as part of our public design system, Forma 36.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Demonstrated expertise of HTML and CSS development including layout, specificity, browser compatibility, animation, accessibility, and semantic markup
- Evidence of crafting functional yet delightful interfaces, taking ownership of aesthetics and details
- Experience working with design systems, and the ability to work in a structured and repeatable fashion
- An iterative and playful approach to prototyping
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbally and written (German is not required), and the ability to maintain empathy and communicate clearly in an office with people from all over the globe
NICE TO HAVE
- Understanding of the critical rendering path and how to optimize web browser performance
- Familiarity with (some or all of) the tool-sets and libraries we use in our stack: Typescript, React, Babel, Webpack, Storybook, Jest, Enzyme, Emotion, Lerna, Gatsby
- Examples of previous work (does not have to be a portfolio)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
WHO ARE WE?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin and San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed.