About the opportunity
Contentful strives to build a secure and safe service and commits considerable effort and resources on security.
As a Cloud Security Engineer at Contentful, you will be part of the Engineering team responsible for securing our production environment. This position focuses on the security of our cloud environment, working closely with Infrastructure teams and Product teams to design and engineer infrastructure security features in the platform.
What to expect?
- Improve our denial of service capabilities,
- Build and maintain web application firewalls in scale,
- Harden infrastructure components in AWS,
- Configure logging pipeline to improve security monitoring and alerting.
What you need to be successful?
- You are passionate about servers and networks,
- You are able to explain in detail all vulnerability types in the OWASP Top Ten,
- You enjoy working with and teaching others. You see security as an enabler instead of a blocker. We are part of a bigger infrastructure team and we work together to deliver a secure platform to all customers worldwide,
- You communicate well in English and you know how to cultivate empathy and openness towards people from all over the globe.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Take a break and show off your barista skills at our artisan coffee machine or play with one of our pups. We’re a dog-friendly office!
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin and San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.