Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 200 people from 44 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Contentful Developer Evangelist, you will establish strong relationships with developers to inspire and empower them deliver content to any website, app or device.
You’ll be an advocate for Contentful in the US West Coast and worldwide Developer Communities, both online (on GitHub, Twitter and the Contentful blog) and in person (at user groups, conferences and other events) by:
- Building a sense of community and belonging. You’re approachable and enjoy supporting our developers wherever they are.
- Helping to build Contentful as a technical thought leader
- Identifying partnership opportunities to grow our developer community
- Understanding the user pain and taking proactive action to help our developers become successful with Contentful
- Creating content that helps, informs and delights our users, such as tutorials, sample apps and webinars
- Working together with a team of Evangelists spanning Europe and North America
- Active member of the developer community. You educate the people around, speak at conferences or organize a meetup.
- You managed the delivery of entire projects or are interested in doing so in the future
- Happy to travel regularly and able to work irregular hours and some weekends to support user groups, conferences and other developer events.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- You are passionate: You embrace online collaboration and ensuring both your peers and your users are successful.
- You are self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritising multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Working experience with other programming languages
- Previous experience as a Developer Evangelist or Developer Advocate
- Join an innovative, fast-growing tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- We care about your work life-balance. Developer Evangelism is a fast-paced job and we make sure you take appropriate down-time
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- Pick and use the tools you feel comfortable with, both hardware and software
- A generous education budget to support your continued professional development, and extra days off to be spent on learning and development
- Relocation budget to support your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!