Contentfly (YC W21) is building the content infrastructure that companies leverage to build, scale, and optimize their revenue engines. We're a fully remote and distributed team of high performers on a mission to help companies tell their stories. We're a Series A company backed by Khosla Ventures, YCombinator & other top-tier investors, we've grown to have an incredibly talented team of 50+ people and $8m in ARR in the last year and a half. With a world-class talent marketplace, cutting-edge content creation AI and a team that consistently raises the bar, we have an opportunity to build an all-in-one platform for exceptional content marketing.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Finance is a critical asset to the team to help the Contentfly leadership team and the Board gain financial visibility and insights into the business. As Contentfly's finance leader, you’ll have direct responsibility for accounting, finance, payroll, forecasting, budgeting, strategic planning, contract analysis and negotiations, compliance, and overseeing financing decisions. The ideal candidate is an FP&A athlete with specific experience in product-led high-growth startups and has built and scaled processes that takes us into the 50 - 100M GMV range and beyond.
- Solution Oriented and Analytical, you tackle problems with vigor and solve them with a systematic approach.
- A Team Player, willing to lend a hand to your colleagues at a moment’s notice and provide guidance when needed.
- Improvement Oriented, you don’t accept the status quo if there is a logical way to do something more efficiently or effectively.
- A Planner, whether it be budgets, forecasts, pipelines, or your every meal you are on top of things!
- Well Organized, you know where everything is at all times, things happen fast and you are always prepared.
Here's what you'll be doing day to day...
- Develop and manage key financial processes, including forecasting, budgeting, reporting and stakeholder financial deliverables.
- Apply an analytical approach to influence strategic decision-making, with a focus on capital allocation and long-term financial planning especially in a usage-based product-led business model.
- Track and improve unit economics, and uncover ways to maximise revenue
- Help run equity fundraising and capital fundraising processes, including financial planning, presentation of accounts, and metrics
- Oversee all sides of accounting operations, including payables, receivables, payroll, and tax preparation.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation, and financial reporting to company stakeholders, leadership and the Board.
- Lead the development of Contentfly’s FinOps systems and control mechanisms where needed and appropriate for its stage of growth.
- Evaluate merger and acquisition opportunities as needed.
- Manage controllers, external auditors, banking relationships, attorneys, etc.
- Aid in corporate governance practices and cap table management
- Own ongoing external company representation (key financial partners, including investors, potential investors, external auditors, reviewers, and regulators)
- Manage insurance coverage for the organisation, including compliance.
- Provide financial guidance for the creation and management of foreign subsidiaries.
- Oversee financial and tax audits.
- Grow and mentor finance and accounting teams as we continue to scale
- Lead and manage the budgeting and people planning process
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other relevant field
- Have experience building and leading FP&A and accounting teams, preferably through the journey of Seed to series C/D
- Have a strong understanding of finance and accounting principles, including financial modelling as it applies to usage-based business models
- Knowledge of the Canadian and US government's financial regulations, tax requirements, gig work policies and GAAP.
- 10+ years’ experience in investment banking, M&A or related fields
- 10+ years’ experience working in a fast-growing, venture-backed tech startup (SaaS/consumption marketplace or usage-based business models strongly preferred)
- Experience building, leading and developing a team
Why you'll love working here:
- Unlimited vacation/PTO
- Fully remote and distributed teams
- Full Health benefits
- Free laptop and home office budget, we've also got your cellphone/internet covered too!
- Ongoing training and education budgets
- We'll fly you around the world multiple times a year to hang out with the team in interesting places
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Contentfly is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive. Contentfly is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.