The Role You'll Play:
As Senior Analyst, you will help CE’s UK/European clients interpret multiple proprietary data sources, highlighting key takeaways for individual stocks, industries, and geographies, through written reports and client presentations. Leveraging knowledge of each dataset and nuances of individual companies, you will demonstrate how to use data to model company-reported metrics.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Derive and communicate insights on individual stocks, industries, and geographies using multiple proprietary data sources, through written reports and client communications
- Show investor clients how to relate data from multiple datasets to real-world trends reported by companies, helping to reveal key takeaways from the data
- Demonstrate how to use data to model company-reported metrics, highlighting nuances and potential blind spots on a symbol-specific/data product basis and where separate modeling might be required
- Process and interpret financial information from SEC filings, company presentations, and news reports for covered companies
- Incorporate real-world factors that may influence how data corresponds to reported numbers and make necessary modeling recommendations
- Analyze company commentary from conference calls to determine how real-world factors impact data
- Incorporate knowledge of individual companies to evaluate and improve effectiveness of data
- Assist with special ad-hoc projects, presentations and reports
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years in a sell-side or buy-side equity research role covering consumer names, Home Improvement, or Automotive names
- Experience using data in the research process
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in easy-to-understand manner
- Some knowledge of SQL
It would also be great if you had:
- MBA, CFA or progress toward the designation a plus
You will be successful at CE if you have:
- A detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at once.
- An internal sense of urgency and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
What you will have at Consumer Edge:
- Competitive Salary
- Work-from-home flexibility
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid family leave
- An incredible product & powerful data that “wows” clients
- Great people: surround yourself with a team of people with a shared vision & focus, drive, a passion for CE’s customers, and camaraderie
- Career growth opportunities