The role you'll play:
The Technical Product Manager at Consumer Edge will join our fast-paced Product team responsible for the definition of our product roadmap, serving both our global customers and internal business stakeholders. This role will report into the VP of Product.
The ideal candidate has prior experience in backend services, cloud infrastructure and large scale technology.
Your main responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the development team, other Product Managers, and key stakeholders to execute on the overall strategy for your area of the Platform.
- Build a product roadmap, maintain a backlog of epics and stories, and manage the priorities for your team owning implementation, enhancement, and support of the Platform.
- Partner with our Product engineering team to support their needs and roadmap plans.
- Research industry best practices from a platform standpoint for commercial, open source or homegrown capabilities to best meet the organization’s needs and plans.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide support for escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Help create and architect connectivity between internal and external platforms. Define data models that facilitate the orchestration of data between systems
- Work with engineer partners to determine and deliver the highest impact work while maintaining excellence in engineering
We’re looking for someone with:
- 4+ years in a technical product management or a related role on technical backend or infrastructure based systems
- Deep technical experience with likely previous hands on engineering roles
- Exceptional communication skills, follows up with stakeholders and team members, and takes initiative to anticipate and solve problems
- Excellent spec-writing skills with a clear ability to break down complex technical problems into smaller, manageable pieces
- Familiarity with scrum/agile methodologies
- Experience with cloud based deployments and/or high traffic systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related engineering degree or equivalent experience is a huge plus
- Highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize, with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- You have a genuine interest in technology and new industry trends
- You can dig deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Comfortable working with large, disparate data sets and web technologies
What you will have at Consumer Edge:
- Competitive Salary
- 401k match
- Equity grants
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited sick-day policy
- Great people: surround yourself with a team of people with a shared vision & focus, drive, a passion for CE’s customers, and camaraderie
- Work-from-home flexibility. As of Q2 2022, CE is remote-first, with an office in Midtown Manhattan
- An incredible product & powerful data that “wows” clients
- An opportunity to be a core part of a new function of the business
- Career growth opportunities