The role you'll play:
Consumer Edge’s Technical Support Specialist will develop and maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and apply that expertise to help prospects and customers. The Technical Support Specialist is part of CE’s Customer Success team and serves as the main internal and external point of contact to collect, triage, document, and work cross-functionally to resolve customers’ technical issues. The Technical Support Specialist will partner with Customer Success Managers to forge relationships with CE’s customer base and will be leveraged over email and on calls to advise customers on proper implementation of CE’s products.
About Customer Success at CE:
Customer Success is a fast-growing function at Consumer Edge, with the Director of Customer Success joining in 2021 to build & lead the team. This is an exciting opportunity to be the first Technical Support hire at a company that prioritizes building differentiated datasets & products that serve customers’ needs.
Every day our team speaks with the best and brightest investors and corporates looking to better use data in their decision-making processes. The Customer Success and Technical Support team is at the center of helping customers achieve better outcomes using CE’s data.
The Technical Support Specialist will have a unique entrepreneurial opportunity to work with CS and Product leadership to build best-practices around data delivery, data documentation, and technical.
Your main responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and apply that expertise effectively to help customers
- Lead implementation of and ongoing support for CE’s Machine Readable/data feeds across all products
- Work relentlessly to improve existing processes and using data driven decision making to make recommendations for systems, process, and business improvements
- Build knowledge base materials dedicated towards operational efficiency, while also empowering and enabling the greater support community
- Forge relationships with CE’s customers, developing a deep technical understanding of their CE implementation
- Serve as the main point of contact internally and externally for technical support related to CE’s products and datasets
- Forewarn customers of technology changes or potential disruptions to their service and advise on mitigation strategies
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- A passion for working with clients in data-focused roles & experience with SaaS products
- Experience working with customer-facing Machine Readable, Data Feed, or API solutions and implementation
- Strong verbal/written communication & presentation skills; extraordinary listening skills
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills; formulates solutions that deliver real business value
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively across projects & accounts
- A drive to exceed goals and a positive, proactive attitude to overcoming challenges
- An entrepreneurial spirit and comfortability with a fast-paced environment
We’re looking for someone with:
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Finance, or a related field of study
- 4+ years of Technical Support, Sales Engineering, or SaaS Implementation experience
- Experience in client-facing roles and a comfortability explaining complex topics to customers
- Expertise with Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (i.e. Customer Success, Sales, Research, Marketing, Product, etc.)
- Drive: no obstacle is too difficult to overcome, and no one needs to push you to excel
- A passion for SaaS products & data
What you will have at Consumer Edge:
- Competitive Salary
- 401k match
- Equity grants
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited sick-day policy
- Great people: surround yourself with a team of people with a shared vision & focus, drive, a passion for CE’s customers, and camaraderie
- Work-from-home flexibility. As of Q2 2022, CE is remote-first, with an office in Midtown Manhattan
- An incredible product & powerful data that “wows” clients
- An opportunity to be a core part of a new function of the business
- Career growth opportunities