The role you'll play:
The Customer Success Manager serves as the internal voice of the customer and maintains relationships with the world’s leading investors. The CSM will deliver value to customers by helping them utilize our growing suite of data & SaaS products and will partner with internal teams to achieve results. As a CSM, you’ll educate customers on CE’s data & SaaS products, ensure customers receive a seamless onboarding experience, conduct success planning meetings, and own the client renewal process.
About Customer Success at CE:
Customer Success is a fast-growing function, with the Director of Customer Success joining to build & lead the team in 2021. This is an exciting opportunity to be the first UK CSM hire at a company that prioritizes building differentiated datasets & products that serve customers’ needs.
Every day our team speaks with the best and brightest investors looking to better use data in their decision-making processes. Customer Success is at the center of helping customers achieve better outcomes using data.
The CSM will have a unique entrepreneurial opportunity to work with CS leadership to build best-practices around customer success & account management.
Your main responsibilities:
- Maintain a relationship with a portfolio of our largest accounts & serve as day-to-day contact for assigned accounts
- Run the account handoff & onboarding process from sales to CS (includes provisioning customers with proper access levels within the team and solving ad-hoc requests)
- Partner with sales to shepherd customers through our 90-day trial process and maximize post-trial conversion rates
- Drive customer software engagement & develop power users across customer organizations
- Lead the renewal process for assigned accounts & maintain a renewal pipeline
- Collaborate with Account Executives to spot upsell opportunities
- Partner with the Insights (Financial Analysis) team to answer client questions quickly and accurately
- Collaborate with CS leadership to formalize & institutionalize best-practices
- Provide customer feedback to the Product team & proactively submit feature requests to ensure our platform continues to evolve
- Serve as a mentor and trainer to future additions to the CS team and future members of CE’s UK team
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- A passion for working with clients in data-focused roles & experience with SaaS products
- Experience working with financial services customers (specifically buy-side investors)
- The ability to establish credibility with key customer decision makers & influencers
- Strong verbal/written communication & presentation skills; extraordinary listening skills
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills; formulates solutions that deliver real business value
- Experience managing renewal processes & comfortability with negotiation
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively across projects & accounts
- A drive to exceed goals and a positive, proactive attitude to overcoming challenges
- An entrepreneurial spirit and an enthusiasm for building new processes
We’re looking for someone with:
- A degree in finance, business management, economics, or similar field of study
- 4+ years of prior account management / customer success experience at data and/or SaaS companies – a track record of helping customers win
- Expertise with Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce – specifically experience building customer onboarding decks, business review decks, renewal decks, etc.
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (i.e. Sales, Research, Marketing, Product, etc.)
- You’re driven; no obstacle is too difficult to overcome, and no one needs to push you to excel
- A passion for SaaS products & data
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Great people: surround yourself with a team of people with a shared vision & focus, drive, a passion for our customers, and camaraderie
- Work-from-home flexibility
- An incredible product & powerful data that “wows” clients
- An opportunity to be a core part of a new and growing function of the business
- Career growth opportunities