The Role You'll Play:
As Data Quality Associate on the Insights Team, you will ensure that data from multiple sources is correctly attributed to merchants, brands, and channels for existing and new datasets. Leveraging knowledge of SQL and/or other programming languages, you will develop techniques to detect and rectify aberrant activity to make sure CE’s clients are consistently getting the most accurate and up-to-date information. After 18-24 months, you will have the opportunity to grow into an analytical role on the Insights Team or into a more technical position on other teams at CE.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Accurately attribute billions of transactions from credit/debit card data, email receipt data, and other data sources to thousands of individual merchants and brands, by developing algorithms, techniques and automation using SQL and other programming languages
- Manually review results of machine learning algorithms and adjust tagging rules to ensure correct and complete transaction attribution among merchants, brands, channels, and geographies. Work to adjust automated machine learning algorithms based on manual rules that were developed.
- Continuously monitor sales trends for aberrant activity and work with Insights Team to rectify tagging issues – using both automated methods with SQL and machine learning as well as manual methods
- Assist in developing new algorithmic techniques for systematic tagging of transactions using machine learning, SQL and other programming languages
- Complete ad-hoc projects and client requests as needed – using SQL and other computer programming languages. Requires knowledge of the various data sources and client needs
- Opportunity for growth on Insights or other technical teams
We’re looking for someone with:
- Knowledge of SQL
- Passion for working with data
- Superb attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in solving problems
- An interest in consumer trends and investing
You will be successful at CE if you have:
- A detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at once.
- An internal sense of urgency and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
What you will have at Consumer Edge:
- Competitive Salary
- Work-from-home flexibility. As of Q1 2022, CE is remote-first, with an office in Midtown Manhattan
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible vacation and unlimited sick days
- Paid family leave
- An incredible product & powerful data that “wows” clients
- Great people: surround yourself with a team of people with a shared vision & focus, drive, a passion for CE’s customers, and camaraderie
- Career growth opportunities