At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
We have an opening for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to lead teams of dedicated software and quality engineers. You and your teams will deliver functionality that is critical to the rollout of many of Constant Contact’s biggest initiatives. You’ll work closely with your team’s Product Owner, UX Designer, and Scrum Master to ensure successful planning and execution of projects. As a Software Engineering Manager, you will develop the people on your teams to help them achieve their career goals while also fostering a culture of collaboration, ownership, and accountability.
You’ll play a vital role in supporting the ingestion and processing of real-time streaming events, a crucial component in the creation of our Customer Data Platform (CDP). Your contributions will directly impact customer segmentation and enhance automated customer journeys.
What you’ll do:
- Manage complex technical projects and teams
- Drive the Agile principles and ensure a high performing team
- Hire, mentor, and grow passionate individuals who work well in strong teams
- Lead and motivate the very best software engineers and managers, gaining their respect
- By applying your mix of intelligence, initiative, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy, rapidly earn the trust of astute teams and individuals across the company
Who you are:
- 8+ years of industry experience with 3+ years proven track record leading successful software teams in a data driven environment
- Experience working in tandem with other managers to drive execution and delivery of core functionality for Web products
- Experience with a broad mix of technologies including: Java, Go, React, AWS, CI/CI, Automated Testing, MySQL
- SaaS experience and a track record of design and implementation for scaling large systems
- Experience with real time data streaming
- Experience with a Apache Flink and Kubernetes
- Experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact email@example.com.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.