The Cloud Connection Company
Console is a leading provider of global direct connect solutions, enabling its customers to privately access business-critical SaaS applications, cloud providers and other enterprises with the click of a button.
The Console platform delivers cloud connectivity through a unique blend of software and network infrastructure. It offers a reliable and consistent experience across its secure, high-performance environment. Console is the first company to fully automate switching and routing for seamless interconnection, avoiding the risks of sending traffic over the public Internet.
Console is a global leader in automated cloud connectivity and remote peering, operating since 2011, with more than 170 Points of Presence (PoPs) in over 20 countries. For more information, visit www.console.to and follow the company on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The EMEA Field Marketing Director is responsible for Console’s EMEA marketing activities and oversees the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing plan/strategy for the EMEA region. Drives marketing activities that position Console to achieve long-term profitable growth and feed the EMEA marketing and sales funnel.
The position requires an individual who is passionate about educating the market and industry about nascent and disruptive cloud connectivity solutions. The individual will be responsible for providing direction and vision for all sales channels (direct, indirect and agent) and to the EMEA region.
The EMEA Field Marketing Director will support, develop and implement strategy, tactics and programs to create interest, demand, lead generation and brand recognition for Console’s portfolio of services through PR, Product Marketing, Creative Services, Brand and Advertising, Strategic Relationships, Demand Generation, Event and Field Marketing, Channel and Online Marketing.
This position reports to the Global VP Marketing and works closely with the EMEA Sales Director.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of Console brand strategy
- Owns, manages and develops EMEA marketing plans and strategy for new and existing products and services
- Oversees the implementation of the EMEA marketing strategy – including campaigns, events, digital marketing and regional PR
- Works closely with the Sales Team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials, collateral, battle cards, elevator pitch and presentations
- Manages the product and services on-boarding for new employees providing them with the knowledge required to sell Console and its offerings
- Ensures that marketing objectives are implemented and tracked
- Works closely with Product Management Team to define marketing materials and programs
- Manages social media presence and directs programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Develops and delivers marketing and communications strategies for the EMEA territory
- Undertakes continuous analysis of competitive environment, customer and competitor trends
- Provides insight and guidance on legal and regulatory framework within EMEA as it applies to products and services
- Complete understanding of Console's value proposition as well as technologies including MPLS, Peering, IP transit, Ethernet, Dark Fiber, colocation, Cloud and SaaS
- Strong history of demonstrated leadership
- Strategic Thinking
- Project Management (budget, timelines, personnel)
- Financial Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Presentation Skills
- Experience with CRM and sales platforms
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Marketing or Business
- Professional chartered marketer (CIM)
- Proven track record of success in senior marketing role (at least 5 years) in SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, Cloud and technology marketplace
- Confident, driven and dynamic
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities
- Hands on doer used to making the most of finite budgets