ConsenSys Mesh (a.k.a. MESH) is an accelerator, incubator, and investor of blockchain technology solutions. Our mission is to champion global adoption and awareness of groundbreaking technologies in Web 3.0.
Founded in 2015 by Ethereum co-founder Joseph Lubin, MESH is a network of loosely coupled, tightly aligned teams, products, and investments that include:
- A portfolio of 190 equity and token positions
- Tachyon, our accelerator program for early stage Web 3.0 startups
- Research & Development team making meaningful contributions to the Ethereum ecosystem
- A suite of incubated companies such as ConsenSys Software, MetaMask., Gitcoin, Decrypt, Treum, and more
We are a remote-friendly team with diverse backgrounds and a shared passion for advancing the arrival of Web 3.0. Given our rich history and founder focus we have built an unparalleled network and a rapidly growing organization. This is a remote role. To learn more visit https://mesh.xyz/
Magmo is a 4 person team focusing on Ethereum state channels research and implementation. Their main focus is the Nitro state channels framework — a technique for executing transactions “off-chain”, reducing latency and cost.
Over the past three years, the team has released a protocol specification, implemented clients in Typescript and Go, and built out proof-of-concept applications such as “web3Torrent”. The next stage of the project is to deploy a network of clients in production — for example as a part of the Filecoin Retrieval Market. To find out more, check out https://statechannels.org/.
Magmo team members work remotely around the world but try to come together regularly at conferences and workshops.
Responsibilities: We are looking for a person who is excited to work on developing a bleeding edge technology alongside a group of motivated engineers.
On our small team, we value:
- Clear verbal and written communication for exchanging ideas and priorities.
- Clean code, but we also value practicality over perfection.
- Collaboration to solve tough engineering problems.
- Skills in Golang with flexibility to pick up new tools and languages.
- Feedback from each other to help improve as individuals and as a team.
- Managing project plans and technical relationships with partners.
- Identifying, leading, and implementing team improvements, from engineering to recruiting.
Skills and experience: No existing blockchain experience required. We would prefer to hire someone who has contributed to the success of complex software projects. That being said, extensive software experience is not a must as our team includes engineers from mathematics and physics backgrounds as well as those with a more traditional career path. Strong analytical thinking is a must.
Salary & Benefits
Your base salary within our estimated pay range will depend on job-related factors that may include location, travel, relevant prior experience, or subject matter expertise. This information is based on our good faith estimate as of the date of publication, and may be modified in the future. Mesh has a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, and is a remote-first workplace. The estimated pay range for this role is $150,000 - $180,000 (USD).
Why join MESH?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys MESH
- One of the most recognized brands in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at MESH is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
Consensys Mesh is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.