Treum.io, a ConsenSys backed company formed in 2016, is one of the early leaders in the blockchain space. Treum has a demonstrable track record for launching some epic firsts in blockchain including but not limited to implementing the first non-financial use case for tracking oil samples for BHP Billiton, Bait-to-plate tracking of yellowfin Tuna from Fiji to NY with WWF, live auction of tokenized Game worn Jerseys for Sacramento Kings. Our most recent NFT project, EulerBeats.com, was called “the most genius idea ever” by Mark Cuban. The project advanced the Treum tokenization platform to include a market price discovery mechanism using a bonding curve. At Treum, we vision universes and metaverses of non fungible everything (NFE), both physical and digital, that trade frictionless and trustlessly with verifiable provenance under radically different and improved market mechanisms. If this vision is exciting and you want to be part of it, read further.
About the role
Treum seeks a Product Owner with at least 4 years of experience who will work across the Treum platform and shape projects like EulerBeats. The role requires collaboration, creativity, flexibility, and smart planning to operate in an environment optimized for a remote team. You will own all aspects of product from shaping the vision to operationalizing the platform.
This tactical role will involve providing high-level vision, outcomes, themes and features needed for the success of the Treum platform. You will be the heartbeat of the high performing team. You will work closely with delivery team(s) to ensure they build the right functionality in a timely manner. You will transform high-level vision into detailed requirements (user stories) - often anticipating the needs of the community by staying attune with the EulerBeats community on Discord. You will work closely with the development team, tech-ops team, adoption team while taking inputs from business development, sales, and marketing. In this role you will progressively refine product features and project requirements into sprint-ready units. You will perform analysis, write testable specifications, schedule and run coordination meetings, arrange demos, and interact with our customers on a regular basis. You will play a key role in managing the development progress of the Treum platform.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of performing Product Ownership roles and responsibilities, a solid understanding of various agile management tactics and processes.
PRODUCT OWNER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the product backlog, ensuring stories are complete and ready for next sprint
- Answer questions from the development team to help clarify any details as they are developing the application
- Accept or reject development work at the end of a sprint. Make a determination if a an item was “done” and successfully delivered
- Organize sprint related meetings and events (e.g., sprint planning, sprint retrospective), document and track action items and follow through to ensure items are completed.
- Make recommendations for defining platform strategy and contribute to the evolution of the product the roadmap
- Develop wireframes and specs, properly analyze and present data-driven cases
- Be the central point of contact for the product development process
- Develop a sense of quality and completeness of each platform feature by thoroughly using and testing the platform to understand the extended use cases
- Proactively drive cooperation and collaboration within the multidisciplinary team
- Continuously make improvements in product management processes, build up a lightweight process reference to support knowledge sharing, and recommend tools and processes to measure productivity and product quality
- Work with team to define and prioritize roadmap
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 4+ years of product owner experience
- Expertise with at least one of the commonly used agile process management tools (we use ClubHouse.io).
- You have excellent project management skills and several years of experience in product ownership role with multidisciplinary teams
- You have working knowledge of the Ethereum blockchain, decentralized technologies, and a basic understanding of the existing landscape
- You are able to absorb input from multiple internal and external channels and translate this into a set of product specifications
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to translate this into commercial viability
- You have proven excellent command of English and verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work with people of all disciplines including designers, developers, strategists and marketers
- You possess innovation and problem-solving skills
- You work well in a collaborative environment
Bonus Points for:
- Blockchain experience
- Product design
- You’re a member of the EulerBeats community
- You have expertise in both B2B and B2C environments
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.