ConsenSys is the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. ConsenSys Solutions is our strategy and corporate venturing unit that provides strategic advisory, ideation and use case designing, and new venture and platform development services to enterprise and government clients - helping them discover, explore and develop blockchain solutions. Our teams have led some of the most innovative blockchain production implementations in the world.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we’ve built out a flat organisational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh; a decentralised network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced, global environment; where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement - we would love for you to join us.
About the Role:
We’re looking to hire an Executive Assistant (which our team calls Operational Coordinators in our Mesh as we work to maintain our flat organisational structure) to help with the growing and scaling of our Executive Team, work across a range of internal teams, and the company as a whole. ConsenSys views this role not only with the chance for opportunity and growth, but as a chance for true autonomy to implement strategic choices that aide in the logistical needs overall. You will have a direct impact on the efficiency of the executive team. The next phase of our growth will greatly depend on people like you, who are committed, eager and capable of making things happen.
Since we are decentralised, the on-boarding process is rapid and delivered in segments, so the ability to do some self-research and adapt swiftly is highly important. At the end of the day, being in this role is central to the continued cadence of workflow from internal and external parties, making you an integral member of the business operations. Each member of the executive team has different support needs. Some are heavy on the calendar and travels, while some need more help with project coordination and event planning for client workshops, conferences, or seminars. In addition, our executive team often represents the company at speaking events, so the successful coordination of collateral and planning logistics for the executive and conference is very important. As the Operational Coordinator, you are an extension of the executive team and as such, have to respond timely, professionally, and with clear communications. This includes the Operational Coordinator having an exceptionally positive attitude, great people skills, professionalism as well as strong ethics.
- Time management and complete control over designated calendars:
- Coordinating one on one internal alignment meetings between team leads and the executive(s) either in person or with Zoom Video Conference software
- Scheduling, tracking, and arranging internal meetings, including the collection of a proper agenda and all supporting documentation or g-drive/quip links
- Liaise with external clients and their respective Executive Assistants to find a mutually beneficial time for meetings, taking into account the time to prepare for the meeting and an array of global time zones.
- Multiple Inbox Management:
- Work with the executive to determine the involvement of inbox management, where you would enter the email inbox of your executive 3-5 times a day, pull out meeting requests and flag high-priority emails for immediate responses. Each executive will have different needs, this requires the utmost discretion.
- Coordinating client workshops, which include, but is not limited to the following:
- Coordinating Internal and External Events
- Travel for the executive and/or team to the workshop location
- Either findings (as the host) or coordinating with the client the location of the meeting and securing the space with a rental agreement if a local office is not available.
- Determining if meals need to be catered for the event, and secure if they are
- Determining if dinner reservations are needed, and secure if they are
- Tracking all contracts for legal and invoices for space rental for finance making sure the appropriate team budget is charged
- Ability to help coordinate special meetings as requested by the executive team or the circle you are working with.
- Manage conference needs; which includes but not limited to:
- Securing tickets to the event if not provided
- Arranging the presenter needs (decks, prep calls, etc.)
- Coordinating hotel needs (paid by conference or not)
- Planning airfare per Company travel policy.
- Be attentive to the Conference Room calendar and attaching appropriate size and location room.
- Tracking and/or approving expenses
- You will be responsible for your own expense reports as well as the executives submission.
- Team by team may request your facilitation of budget management
- Internal Communication
- Participate in company wide information sharing, reporting on company-wide meetings about updates that your team needs to report and follow up regularly to keep the teams and stakeholders abreast of the important details.
- Special projects
- From time to time you may be asked to support or lead special projects - this would require basic research ability (online) and be able to produce summary briefings and provide recommendations
- Ability to skim read with understanding, summarise and index the gathered information to be organised into a coherent format is extremely important. This builds on basic project management skills that could be used to support small teams / projects e.g. setup, manage and run a regular weekly meeting.
- Quick and thorough in responses (email and slack)
- Excellent at anticipating needs
- A strong ability to assess changing priorities
- Accountability to your executive and/or your team
- Resourceful (able to find answers when needed)
- Complete multiple complex projects against deadlines (project management tool/agile methodology)
- A self-starter, who sees the big picture
- Impressive organisational skills including details and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Focused, persistent, kind, curious, and thoughtful
- Integrity - You always do what you say with self awareness
- Confidentiality of sensitive materials
- Exceptional and adaptable people skills, ability to handle varying personality types
- Strong writing skills for client facing emails, reports, and internal communications
- G-Suite: calendar, docs, slides, and sheets thoroughly (forms and drive organisation a bonus)
- Other Technology Platforms: Concur, Expensify, Quip, Slack, Zoom, (Salesforce a bonus)
- Empathetic/Self Aware
- Open Minded
- Global Awareness
- Success Driven
- Constant Learner/Curious/Creative