ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
What you’ll get to work on:
The ConsenSys Marketing team is searching for a Community Manager. In this role, the team member will support MetaMask, Airswap, Codefi, Protocol Labs, and other DeFi related product offerings with social media and community building activities, develop event and experiential deliverables like webinars, virtual conferences, and programming for direct and developer channels, leverage the Ethereal footprint for programming that positive impacts our products and commercial outcomes, and develop online education resources around DeFi and other protocols and generate revenue as a result
- 5-8 years of experience in a community management, marketing, or strategy/business development role.
- Ability to work in a complex environment supporting a broader team of members with different view points and backgrounds
- Experience planning and hosting in-person events and meetups to hit strategic goals, as well as vetting sponsorships and speaking engagements.
- Experience creating content that drives engagement and lead generation in the decentralized finance industry.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written skills - you must be able to communicate effectively to a diversity of constituents with varying degrees of understanding of ConsenSys, blockchain and Ethereum.
- Excellent social and networking skills, with the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate.
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships with clients at all levels in an organisation.
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business needs.
- Authentic interest in blockchain technology and the future of Web3.
- Experience with analytics tools and platforms for measuring success.
- High degree of end-user empathy and ability to envision and understand how they will interact with a blockchain product or service and what will and won’t appeal to them.
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and a positive, can-do attitude.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working with Blockchain technology and decentralised systems.
- Skilled at Google Analytics, Social Media tools, Google docs and drives, Slack, Quip and Zoom.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team.
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes in our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.