ConsenSys is a blockchain software technology company focused on building infrastructure, tools, and products for institutions, enterprises, and developers. Our mission is to drive adoption of the decentralized Web3 and the Ethereum ecosystem, delivering the only automatic, objective trust foundation and base settlement layer for the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About The Role
The Senior Security Engineer ensures that risk to the organization’s information posed by a variety of cyber threats (attacks, theft, data corruption, etc.) is minimized and ensures that when attacks do occur or data are stolen or compromised, these incidents are dealt with promptly and effectively and the chance of that particular type of incident recurring is minimized. This individual will also be responsible for the administration and deployment of information security tools, SaaS platform and system security, mobile device management, and evaluation of regulatory standards compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor the organization’s networks for security breaches and vulnerabilities, perform risk management, and investigate violations when they occur.
- Design, implement, and maintain the organization’s information security plans.
- Develop and drive implementation of security standards and best practices for the organization.
- Direct the installation and use of security tools (e.g., firewalls, data encryption, device management, etc.) to protect sensitive information.
- Responsible for endpoint security and ensuring that all company devices adhere to security policies and meet minimum requirements, such as data encryption, strong passwords, malware protection, reverse proxies, etc.
- Recommend security enhancements and/or investment to organization leadership.
- Assist systems administrators with support or security requests as well as end users with tasks as required, such as: installation of security software, education on new security products and/or procedures, and incident response.
- Ensure that IT security audits are conducted periodically and/or as needed.
- Configuration of identity management providers (such as Okta) for OAuth2, OIDC, SSO, SCIM, SAML and integrate current infrastructure with these protocols.
- Ensure that employees are aware of information security standards, security best practices, data loss prevention methods, etc.
- Monitor and update MDM policies for compliance with endpoint security policies.
- Develop incident management plans, deliver training, and perform incident assessments, evidence gathering, and triage.
- Help engineering teams perform threat modelling on products.
- Create a culture of InfoSec awareness by forming red and blue teams, organizing capture the flag events, and encouraging teams to investigate and practice safe chaos engineering.
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science, or equivalent job experience.
- 5 years experience in information security or cybersecurity.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people at every level and in every department are essential.
- Candidates with certification in information security (CISSP, CSSLP, CCFP, CISM, etc.) or comparable work experience are preferred.
- Risk analysis/assessment experience is a plus.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker containers, Linux, and MacOS security.
- Bonus points for anyone who has experience with scripting languages, automation, or development experience.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.