uPort is putting the user at the center of Web 3.0, building a new identity system that gives each of us control of our own data and empowers us to use it in new and exciting ways. Our platform will let consumers and businesses transact with privacy and security to create more valuable and trusting relationships.
We’re looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to grow our partnerships and drive our direct sales to large customers. Working in a small, global, and fast paced team, you will source, drive, and build relationships with strategic partners across key B2B verticals. You will also personally drive large opportunities across Europe. Our product is defining the future of identity and leverages the power of Ethereum to redefine interactions between consumers and service providers and we’re looking for a candidate that shares our passion and is able to communicate it to the market.
- Establish and apply rigorous lead qualification and opportunity validation processes
- Manage the entire sales cycle, leveraging uPort’s resources and staff to achieve success
- Build business development processes & pipeline metrics that can expand and grow with the customer base
- Provide ongoing product and service feedback for Product Management by representing the “voice of the customer”
- Build flexible BD infrastructure that can onboard new BD roles as the customer base expands
- Develop mutually-beneficial and trusting relationships with partners - make uPort a favored company with which to partner
- BD engagement with both partner SIs and direct Enterprise accounts
Ideal Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of experience in leadership roles in startups building and managing business development teams
- Experience selling new business and products in emerging technology markets + successful track record of closing deals in a product/market fit validation environment
- Proven performance in sales/business development in enterprise software or solution delivery at a B2B startup
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High levels of emotional intelligence supporting thoughtful curiosity, professionalism, and dynamic conversation
- Relevant industry experience preferred: Business consortia, Financial services, and/or FinTech / KYC / Regtech
- Understanding of the Blockchain / Ethereum ecosystem
- Native or proficient Spanish speaker. Other languages a plus.
- Europe based. Spain is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Working at uPort
Flexibility: Just like our technology, our team is decentralized. Our headquarters are in Brooklyn but the majority of our team works remotely — flexibility is our natural environment. You'll be joining and contributing to a vibrant culture based on transparency, ownership, and accountability.
Diversity: Each of us at uPort brings a unique set of skills and values to the team. As a collective of individuals focused on identity, we are committed to incorporating, respecting, and celebrating diversity in its myriad forms. Each team member is valued for their individuality rather than their group identity. We actively seek all perspectives and views as we strive to build a team that represents our global user base.
A movement: uPort is created on top of the Ethereum blockchain, and is part of the Consensys ecosystem. ConsenSys is a new kind of organization focused on building and scaling products—like uPort—that power a decentralized future. The mission is to use these solutions to power the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. Our teams are busy at work shaping the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, media, security and infrastructure, and more. We are a network (mesh) of individuals & teams working with autonomy towards a shared goal.
Benefits: As part of Consensys, uPort employees have access to a growing set of benefits that are expanding to keep up with our global growth. Depending on location, these include: healthcare, commuter benefits, exciting offices with food, drinks and happy hours, team retreats, conferences and events, continuous learning, and access to the most exciting and talented group of collaborators you'll find anywhere.
Impact: In addition, you will join the most exciting business on the planet, truly pioneering technology and real-world impact like no other project in the market. You will be instrumental in building a transformative set of products and a business with huge potential!
We are looking for extraordinary and passionate people to help grow our product, team, community, and culture - include a note about why you think you're a phenomenal fit for our team.