ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, infrastructure and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About the role:
As a ConsenSys Site Reliability Engineer, you will maintain and evolve the health of our highly scalable production environments running blockchain-based applications built using the latest technologies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the continuous improvement of our monitoring, alerting and remediation solutions with focus on proactively identifying and addressing production issues
- Initial triage and remediation of issues when system alerts are received
- Act as first escalation point for system alerts including on-call availability
- Work in close collaboration with the engineering teams and get intimately familiar with the applications architecture
- Design and improve the supporting processes in collaboration with support and dev teams
- In-depth understanding of production management principles for distributed systems
- 3-5 years of experience working in operations teams managing production environments
- 3-5 years of scripting experience in python/bash/go or equivalent
- Hands-on experience working with cloud providers such as AWS and Azure
- Hands-on experience working containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Hands-on experience working with logging, monitoring and visualization tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, etc.
- Familiarity with CI/CD methodologies and tools
- Technical aptitude, ability and passion for learning new software and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to think on feet and resolve issues in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
Nice to have:
- Software development experience
- Familiarity with micro-services architecture and containerization
- Technological degree in Computer science or equivalent
- An understanding of blockchain technology and the Ethereum ecosystem
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.