Lead, Information Technology Operations at ConsenSys
ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in a complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
As our Lead, Information Technology Operations your main duties will involve maintaining computer systems including:
- Oversee global IT operations including but limited to, budgeting, vendor management, hardware procurement and deployment, application licensing and procurement
- Lead a team of IT professionals and manage the company's technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies.
- Implementation/management of company-wide ticketing system
- Highest Degree of ownership in all matters within the IT infrastructure
- Experience in Procurement, Budgeting, Forecasting, and Asset Management
- Ownership of building equipment and systems
- Extensive experience with wired and wireless networking (Cisco Meraki)
- Maintaining Internal networking systems
- Access card system
- Create documentation for resource/service/tool training and usage
- Coordinating with HR for proper onboarding/off-boarding procedures for ConsenSys employees
- Implementing automation tools for seamless onboarding and off-boarding
- Hiring/management of global support staff
- Direct and manage IT projects across the Mesh while ensuring transparency regarding direction and status
- Oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources/services and vendors and Spokes
- Work with ConsenSys internal operations teams to ensure all aspects of IT business are coordinated and aligned
- Manage roll outs of new office infrastructure (if applicable)
- Management of HQ technical support, rollout of systems
- Admin experience on many IT office environment including but not limited to Okta, G Suite, Slack, Confluence, Jira, GitHub, VPN, Zoom (All hands conference setup), projector, etc.
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnetting)
- Epic customer service skills with awesome communication skills and patience
- Budgeting of IT related tools and technology
- Determine business requirements for IT systems and manage vendor relationships
- Proven experience as an IT lead or similar role
- 5+ years of IT leadership experience
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MS/MA will be a plus
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that the next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
Click here for the latest updates from ConsenSys.