The Protocol Engineering Group and Systems (PegaSys) team within ConsenSys aims to cultivate an ecosystem of blockchain protocols and tools to enable a more effective and decentralized world.
We'll achieve this through working with the Ethereum community to develop innovative enterprise-grade protocols and tools, which are scalable, reliable and easy to deploy.
Learn more about our products and team at www.pegasys.tech.
We're seeking an Infrastructure and Tools Engineer to build out the entire Infrastructure and Tools function for our global product team. (Some people would call this role a DevOps role, but that’s more of a culture than a role, so we don’t want to use those words).
What you’ll get to work on:
Lead the creation of a world-class infrastructure and tools team for our Java development:
- Improve and update our deploy pipelines
- Improve and scale our CI infrastructure
- Help build infrastructure and tools that make all our developers go faster
- Help build cloud deployment scripts for all the major cloud providers
- Help inform and guide the team on what awesome things you can do to ensure we all work faster and better.
We're looking for someone with some of this:
- 5+ years as a Infrastructure + Tools (DevOps) Engineer
- 3+ years of Java
- Experience with a variety of cloud services (AWS/Azure/Google)
- Experience working with docker
- Exposure to Kubernetes
- Experience optimising CI Systems (Travis/CircleCI/?)
- Infrastructure automation (cloudformation/terraform/ansible/?)
- Collaborative, communicative and confident in their abilities to work well with all PegaSys team members at all seniority and skill levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage strong relationships with product stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple teams concurrently, across different contexts
- Experience following Agile practices
- Experience working remotely or with remote teams
- Experience navigating development teams differing opinions on how to implement tools and infrastructure
- Experience working in a consultative nature directly with Product Development Teams as tools focussed engineer
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes to create a world-class infrastructure and tools function in our chaotic-but-fun, remote first, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The Good Stuff:
We're a startup, so things can be a little chaotic, which we appreciate is not for everyone. If you like pioneering new territory or building things from scratch, you might like it here.
PegaSys is a remote first company which means you'll have the opportunity to set up a home office and ditch your daily commute. For those who prefer the commuter lifestyle, we also have a Brisbane CBD office and there’s always the option of co-working spaces.
Working hours are flexible with minimal managerial oversight, where delivering commitments to your immediate team and the wider PegaSys is the measure of success in our self-managed environment.
You’ll receive a generous leave policy. In fact, it's an unlimited vacation policy (yes, you read that correctly!).
Roughly every six months, we convene for an offsite, where you get to meet your colleagues in person, foster community and align on strategy. Our last meet up was in Prague.
You’ll get direct involvement in the recruitment of your future colleagues. In fact, everyone is empowered to contribute to how we move our business forward; from designing processes and policies to being part of working groups to improve anything at PegaSys.