ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About Solutions at ConsenSys:
ConsenSys Enterprise combines expert business knowledge and leading agile processes to offer distinctive support for enterprise IT enablement. You will be joining a team of leading blockchain and enterprise experts to deliver solutions for Fortune 500 level organizations. Our Enterprise customers are some of the largest companies and financial institutions in the world and you will need to structure complex trainings and programs. We are the driving force behind two major industry consortia, the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance and Accounting Blockchain Coalition, and contribute significantly to the governance and operations of both.
About the role:
We're seeking a Smart Contract Engineer who is a self-starter and quick learner with an experience in designing and implementing decentralized applications.
- 4+ years developing software full-time
- 1 year demonstrated expertise with Solidity, the EVM, and blockchain
- Deep understanding and experience with writing Ethereum smart contracts
- Demonstrated expertise in Solidity design patterns, EIPs (Ethereum Improvement Proposals)
- Strong understanding of smart contract security best practices and exploit prevention techniques
- BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated passion for and knowledge of blockchain technologies
- Background in cryptography, networking, or distributed systems
- Experience working in a decentralized, distributed team
- Enjoys finding new technologies and processes that make life easier.
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.