PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A CONTRACT/PART TIME OPPORTUNITY
ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in a complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, infrastructure and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
Are you passionate about decentralizing our future and taking control of how we evolve? Then join us! We are seeking passionate, determined and resilient individuals who thrive in a self-directed, collaborative culture. Our technology is transforming global society and humanity - we welcome you to this exciting opportunity.
ConsenSys Diligence is expanding its efforts on smart contract security to meet the needs of external clients such as 0x, TrueBit, and Aragon, as well as home-grown platforms including uPort, Gnosis, and Virtue Poker, and enterprise clients. Our aim is to build the most technically-gifted and engineering-focused blockchain security team.
As a Business Development Lead at ConsenSys Diligence, you will develop relationships around Panvala, a system that uses tokens to organize people who want to make Ethereum safer. In particular, strong relationships with funded teams, grant-issuing entities, and corporate sponsors in the Ethereum ecosystem will be crucial to our success. We believe that Panvala's design can coordinate cooperation at a greater scale than most communities are familiar with. If we're right, your work will show the world how to cooperate in a new way.
- Cultivating partnerships with Ethereum teams to participate in Panvala as grant recipients
- Designing corporate sponsorship programs and pursuing potential sponsors
- Drafting client proposals
- Delivering partner training
- Synthesizing insights from patterns in conversation and reflecting back the key points from a conversation in order to align across, commitments, and lay out next steps
- Collaborating with our product team on feature roadmaps, token launches or marketing roadshows
Ideal Experience and Skills
- Proven performance in sales/business development in enterprise software or solution's delivery
- Experience and a successful track record selling new business and products in emerging technology markets
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- High levels of emotional intelligence supporting intellectual curiosity, professionalism, and dynamic conversation
- Ability to execute many tasks in parallel across multiple threads involving numerous partners and counterparties
- Commitment to full visibility and collaborative processes where multiple view points go into every lead
- Ability to qualify leads and counterparties rigorously
- Commitment to structured negotiations and outcomes
- Deep passion for developing innovative solutions that exceed or disrupt legacy systems with emerging technologies
- Experience in sales or business development
- Familiarity with CRM tools and pipeline management
- Experience marketing emerging technologies and a strong interest in blockchain
- Willingness and ability to travel 30-50+% required (varies by location and team).
Nice to Have OR Bonus Points
- Experience in sales, business development or channel management
- A similar background at a systems integrator or in solutions delivery
- Previous experience in FinTech and/or have a deep knowledge of the Blockchain / Ethereum ecosystem
- Strong relationships within the Ethereum ecosystem
- Experience working in a start-up culture
- A willingness to help out where needed - regardless of the scope of your role
Perks of the Mesh
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a leader with vision in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the attention. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Unlimited vacation
- Decentralized culture. We offer a new way of structuring an organization: holacratic (non-hierarchical) meaning you are free from hierarchical restraints, working in an environment that truly encourages all levels of collaboration.
- Remote work
- Global reach. Connect with brilliant minds across 6 continents as we continue to grow and build a diversified culture.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.