uPort is putting the user at the center of Web 3.0, building a new identity system that gives each of us control of our own data and empowers us to use it in new and exciting ways. Our platform will let consumers and businesses transact with privacy and security, create more valuable and trusting relationships, and coordinate in more effective ways.
The team is currently ~30 accomplished, results-focused, and collaborative individuals from all around the world. We bring a wide assortment of past experiences and perspectives. We come together based on a shared belief in the power of decentralized technologies and a dedication to creating a more secure, more convenient, more flexible, and more valuable digital world — built on open and empowering uPort identities.
About the Role
To achieve this mission, we are looking for an experienced Growth Lead who can lead our marketing strategy and own our customer acquisition efforts.
Your responsibilities would include
- Lead customer acquisition efforts and growth strategy, from generating high-value leads to channeling opportunities across the funnel
- Understand deeply the lifecycle of different customer segments, and identify underlying drivers of growth and optimization
- Work closely with Product, Tech and Community in defining and delivering on our overall marketing strategy
- Drive marketing campaigns and other growth initiatives by designing experiments, creating campaign strategy, and overseeing implementation of the campaign through to completion
- Oversee our marketing channels, including but not limited to our Web and Social Media presence
- Use analytics and metrics to draw traffic via content and distribution channels, and measure the impact of campaigns
- Build a Growth Team and help drive a Growth focus across both Product and Tech
As a great candidate, you likely have
- 5+ years experience in growth/marketing roles in startups and tech companies
- Prior responsibilities in building out marketing analytics and reporting frameworks with a clear understanding of data, analytics and metrics/KPIs
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to present deep insights to both internal and external partners
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to pinpoint areas for growth
- Able to drive organic and paid traffic (via website, landing pages, social media) to drive deep user insights
- Experience building and managing a team
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with developer-focused communities is a major plus
- An understanding of the web3, Blockchain and identity ecosystem, with an interest and curiosity to learn more
- You get things done with collaboration, discipline and energy
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with constantly evolving, decentralized, diverse teams
- Ability to collaborate with a team distributed widely across different time zones
- You'll work from North America, South America, Africa, or Europe
Working at uPort
Flexibility: Just like our technology, our team is decentralized. Our headquarters are in Brooklyn but the majority of our team works remotely — flexibility is our natural environment. You'll be joining and contributing to a vibrant culture based on transparency, ownership, and accountability.
Diversity: Each of us at uPort brings a unique set of skills and values to the team. As a collective of individuals focused on identity, we are committed to incorporating, respecting, and celebrating diversity in its myriad forms. Each team member is valued their individuality rather than their group identity. We actively seek all perspectives and views as we strive to build a team that represents our global user base.
A movement: uPort is created on top of the Ethereum blockchain, and is part of the Consensys ecosystem. ConsenSys is a new kind of organization focused on building and scaling products—like uPort—that power a decentralized future. The mission is to use these solutions to power the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. Our teams are busy at work shaping the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, media, security and infrastructure, and more. We are a network (mesh) of individuals & teams working with autonomy towards a shared goal.
Benefits: As part of Consensys, uPort employees have access to a growing set of benefits that are expanding to keep up with our global growth. Depending on location, these include: healthcare, commuter benefits, exciting offices with food, drinks and happy hours, team retreats, conferences and events, continuous learning, and access to the most exciting and talented group of collaborators you'll find anywhere.
Impact: In addition, you will join the most exciting business on the planet, truly pioneering technology and real-world impact like no other project in the market. You will be instrumental in building a transformative set of products and a business with huge potential!
We are looking for extraordinary and passionate people to help grow our product, team, community and culture - include a note about why you think you're a phenomenal fit for our team.