ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About Gitcoin at ConsenSys:
Open source software delivers billions of dollars per year in economic value, but the developers themselves aren’t properly incentivized or compensated. Gitcoin is an incentivization power-tool for open source software repositories. Gitcoin pushes open source forward by enabling software developers to fund open source software with ether and Ethereum-based tokens. Gitcoin is the first blockchain-enabled funding tool built by and for software developers. For more information, please go to https://gitcoin.co.
If you are a senior or lead engineer who is looking for a new challenge, we want to talk to you :)
You are equal parts entrepreneur and engineer. You can balance managing customer needs in an organization that is finding product market fit, with the need to create repeatable, clean, test driven code.
You have a bias towards action. You get things done. When you can't get them done, you communicate why.
You are respectful, have empathy for customers, your teammates, and for the community. You are in command of your own emotions.
You inspire engineers around you to be better at what they do. You inspire the community of coders at Gitcoin.
You believe in creating a better world. Your mission is to grow & support open source software and to create a blockchain ecosystem that does so.
About the role:
Use your expertise with Linux and containerized workloads to ensure optimal performance and stability of high-volume web applications.
Whether it's debugging production issues or managing deployment pipelines, this role requires vast experience maintaining production services and ensuring optimal performance. The position includes coordinating your efforts with core team members and open source contributors alike while maintaining quality standards. The ideal candidate will strive to reduce toil and surpass SLOs.
- Strong understanding of Docker and containerized workloads in general.
- Basic understanding of Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience with container orchestration technologies/services (Kubernetes)
- Understanding and experience with one of the following development languages: Python, Go.
- Experience working in linux environments.
- Shell scripting knowledge.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with GIT version control.
- Passion for learning and advancing your skillset. You are humble and know you can always get better.
- Passion for process improvement. You like to optimize things and make them run more efficiently.
- Empathy for teammates and users.
- A desire to improve, learn, and elevate systems.
- Team player. You enjoy being a valued member of a team and contibuting to an organization's success.
- Ability to adapt as organizational needs evolve.
- Background in deployment automation/configuration management.
- Experience with virtualized environments (AWS)
- Ability to analyze and optimize performance in high-traffic internet applications
- Self starter. You can complete a list of tasks from end-to-end.
- MVC/MTV web application development.
- Blockchain / Ethereum experience a strong plus.
- Django web application development.
- Experience deploying to public cloud using Terraform.
- Prior experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems.
- Experience in small start-up environments.
- Software polyglot. You can work with multiple languages and environments.
- Advanced experience and working knowledge of: Python or Go.
- Experience with agile development methodologies (scrum, kanban).
- Experience with Hashicorp software (Terraform, Packer, Consul, Vault).
- Experience with serverless technologies (AWS Lambda with chalice or zappa).
- Experience deploying multiple production workloads in a cloud environment.
- Knowledge of microservice architecture.
- Open source contributor. You have a proven track record with open source software and enjoy giving back to the community.
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
How to Apply
You can use the apply functionality on this job board. 95% of candidates are going to do that.
We're not very good at doing traditional job interviews and whiteboard screenings. They don't really approximate what working together is like. Don't assume that since you've put in your application that the next step is on us to schedule an interview with you.
If you want to be in the 5% that receive more attention, read on:
Here's a rough path to your employment at Gitcoin looks like.
1. Send us an intro email. Let us know who you are and what drives you. Why is OSS important to you?
2. We'd love to pay you to collaborate on one of our open open source issues. If you turn around an issue on https://gitcoin.co/explorer that would be a pretty strong power move.
3. Do a good enough job or (job(s)) that you convince one of our current team members that you're the right person for the job.
4. Get that person to convince others on the team that you're the right person for the job.
5. Now you're in offer territory.