ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About the role:
ConsenSys is looking for an experienced Analytics/Data Engineer who will play an integral part in building out the company’s data infrastructure. They will be responsible for integrating data from various sources (both third party and first party) and ensuring its availability for reporting in SQL databases and Looker. This role requires a strong understanding of data infrastructure, integration, ETL processes and Looker.
As the first member of the team, the Analytics/Data Engineer will be working closely with the Analytics Lead in driving the data strategy and roadmap of the company.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, well-organized and motivated by creative problem-solving. Candidates should generally be interested in and passionate about the technologies poised to transform the way we live and be open to learning deeply about blockchain topics.
- Integrate data from various third party and first party data sources, including but not limited to Google Analytics, YouTube, Medium, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and individual spoke data
- Code fix and maintain MapReduce data transformation jobs
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading pipelines and processes in production
- Build SQL Scripts for processing and analysis of data
- Data analysis and data quality checks for completeness and accuracy
- Maintain reporting systems
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets
- 3+ years experience in the data warehouse space
- 3+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 3+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Deep knowledge of Blockchain Technology
- Passion for Ethereum and its potential
- Experience with Snowplow, PostGres, BigQuery, Redshift, Looker and LookML
- Experience with data warehousing, dimensional modeling and ETL development
- Proven ability to work cross functionally
- Previous experience and successful track-record of learning new tools and technologies
- Working knowledge of AWS components and services
- Strong programming, shell scripting and deep SQL skills
- Knowledge of MapReduce jobs and ETL scripts
- A keen eye for detecting data defects and anomalies
- Comfortable juggling multiple technologies and high priority tasks
- You are a self-starter who enjoys learning new technologies
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Ability to manage and communicate data warehouse plans to internal clients
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.