ConnectWise is an industry and Global leading software company with over 3,000 colleagues in North America, EMEA and APAC. As a community-driven software company dedicated to the success of technology solution providers, our suite helps over 45,000 of our partners manage their businesses better, sell more efficiently, automate service delivery, and remotely control technology so they can consistently deliver amazing customer experiences.
Our company is powered by our connections, our colleagues, and our community. And, we accept all kinds.
Game-changers, innovators, culture-lovers—and humankind.
We invite discovery and debate. We recognize key moments as milestones.
We see you and value you for your unique contributions. Our inclusive, positive culture lays the foundation to ensure every colleague is valued for their perspectives and skills, giving you the choice of how YOU make a difference.
Curious? Read this opportunity to learn how YOU can make a difference at ConnectWise!
The Senior Software Engineer I is responsible for developing high-quality, innovative, fully performing software in compliance with coding standards. This individual works in partnership with cross-functional teams to ensure that software deliverables, including designs, codes, and tests, are completed in a timely manner, while remaining aligned with industry and organizational standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides support to the Engineering teams, with a high attention to detail
- Researches, analyzes, and documents findings
- May influence others within the Software Engineering team through the explanation of facts, policies, and practices
- Designs, builds, and maintains large-scale production services, web applications, data pipelines, and streaming systems
- Works on systems critical to company’s current and future operations
- Debugs production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Assists with improvement of organizational engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing, and certification of software
- Evaluates codes to ensure validity, proper structure, alignment with industry standards, and compatibility with operating systems
- Maintains an understanding of current technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading or participation in professional conferences, workshops, and/or groups
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Ability to work independently on projects and processes with general supervision
- Practical knowledge of applicable work area
- Ability to situationally adapt and understand new technology/processes as per business requirement
- Knowledge of a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to work constructively and independently under stress and pressure in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to interact positively and openly with colleagues and external business contacts, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of programming languages and software basics
- Knowledge of relevant software development tools including version control, build processes, debuggers, and test frameworks
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent business experience • 3+ years of relevant experience
- Onsite/Hybrid/Remote depending on location • 0-10% travel may be required
ConnectWise is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and providing a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. ConnectWise provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, marital status, familial or parental status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-671-6898.