ConnectWise is the world's leading software company dedicated to the success of IT Solution providers. As a company our vision is to power a thriving IT ecosystem that transforms what's possible for SMBs. How we do this is by empowering IT solution providers with unmatched software, services, and community to achieve their most ambitious vision of success
ConnectWise provides a work environment where each colleague is valued for their perspectives, skills and talents, is treated respectfully, can communicate openly and is encouraged to develop to their full potential as a contributor to the success of the company and the communities we serve. We value our colleagues and offer a competitive benefits package including medical, retirement investment plans, flexible time away, community volunteer opportunities, master’s assistance program and colleague recognition programs.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the month end closure of multiple legal entities, journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation, financial reporting, and special projects. This role works in partnership with the Finance teams to perform complex general accounting activities using hands-on experience and in-depth understanding of US GAAP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support to cross-functional teams, with a high attention to detail
- Researches, analyzes, and documents findings
- May coach and review the work of other team members
- Prepares, verifies, and controls the entering of intricate journal entries to the general ledger for multiple different functional currency entities
- Performs month end close related journal entries, account reconciliation, and analysis for monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports
- Reviews and documents accounting practices and procedures
- Develops, documents, and monitors a proper system of internal controls to ensure timely and accurate record keeping
- Enforces the internal control process, procedures, and approvals
- Recommends and implements techniques to improve productivity and processes
- Leads the analysis, requirement, development, design, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of finance solutions for business general ledger processes, ranging from medium to large in size
- Develops and maintains the knowledge of all accounting related software applications
- Provides support and assistance for external financial statement audits
- Performs tasks at the highest level of accuracy and efficiency in accordance with US GAAP and organizational policies
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to manage projects and processes independently with limited supervision
- Advanced knowledge of applicable work area
- Ability to situationally adapt and understand new technology/processes as per business requirement
- Highly detail oriented, organized, and excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to effectively communicate through phone and email
- Stong knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to handle high volume, diverse, and sensitive financial data and maintain a high level of accuracy
- Working knowledge of automated accounting systems
- Strong knowledge of foreign currency re-measurement, translation, and multi-currency accounting
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent business experience
- 42+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with ERP and Microsoft Office applications
- Onsite/Hybrid Tampa
- 0-10% travel may be required.
ConnectWise is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and providing a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. ConnectWise provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, marital status, familial or parental status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-671-6898.