Have you ever imagined being a part of something so great that the work you do, the ideas you share and the products you create will change an entire industry? If so, then welcome home! Connect Homes is looking for smart, creative, and dedicated people who want to help introduce the next generation of housing! Come join a team that is turning architecture in to a product - as exampled here: https://uncrate.com/connect-homes/
We combine cutting edge technology with Modern Design, so our customers can experience high-end living minus the high-end price. Come join a company you will be proud to work for, become a part of the Connect Homes team! www.connect-homes.com.
Provide first line leadership in the production areas of the shop. Direct the workforce to achieve the highest overall timeliness and quality of jobs in the production areas assigned. Provide customer service and coordinate job scheduling and the necessary manpower to accomplish these jobs daily. Provide leadership and support for employee skill development, cross-training, continuous improvement, and standardized work. Direct the workforce in a way that always promotes employee safety.
Salary Range - $68k-$78
What You Will Do
· Led by example demonstrating superior leadership skills at all times.
· Responsible for providing assigned manufacturing associates with the resources to accomplish their work accurately and safely.
· Ensures work area is equipped with proper personal protective equipment, tools, machines, and supplies.
· Ensures work instructions, production schedules and other information is readily available for the employees.
· Ensures company practices and policies are available, understood and adhered to.
· Directly supervises employee performance/behavior and is co-located to facilitate assessment, feedback and performance management.
· Ensures safety and environmental compliance to practices and policies.
· Assigns and communicates work schedules to meet production schedules and targets.
· Responsible for productivity and quality management to the extent that it falls within departmental control.
· Recommends equipment upgrades, staffing adjustments and process modifications when necessary.
· Works with support departments (HR, Safety, Quality, Production Scheduling, Engineering, Maintenance, and others) to deliver a quality and timely product.
· Proficient problem solver
· Must be able to lead/ facilitate daily production meetings, lessons learned sessions, as well as daily Gemba walks.
· Use Production boards to keep team members enlightened and informed of the department performance to departmental and organizational Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
· Use daily team meetings to update staff on company updates, policy updates.
· Proven ability to plan and create recovery plans when falling behind.
· Proven ability to plan for future growth, who, what, why, where, when and how
· Must be able to engage a fun element into daily work life.
· Must be able to write accurate performance reviews as well as set realistic goals and objectives.
· Participate in all Continuous Improvement activities.
· Initiate, lead and sustain 6S improvements throughout the factory continually improve work areas and drive waste out of the workplace.
· Escalate issues to production managers and others as required.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Some knowledge in finish construction work such as flooring/tile, paint, and electrical/plumbing fixtures.
· Ensure that all ship-loose items are accounted for and safely secured for product delivery.
· Some familiarity with shipping/logistics and bill of ladings (BOL)
· Coordinate frequently with Shipping/Logistics department for planning and delivery execution.
What You Will Bring
· Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, previous experience in the construction industry preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint – intermediate skill level in Excel.
· Proficient at reading and generating charts and graphs (pareto, bar, control, flow, fishbone, Cause and Effect, etc.).
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Advanced to expert skill level in 6S techniques.
· Demonstrated capability to successfully hit daily/weekly/monthly goals and objectives in a metric driven organization.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
· Must possess an outstanding degree of judgment, organization, planning, initiative, flexibility, and creativity.
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision and within a team environment.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Your Nice To Haves
· Bachelor’s degree
· Six Sigma or Lean Certification
· Previous experience in modular home building
· Previous experience with Fieldwire field management software
· Bilingual in English/Spanish
· Previous experience in an ERP system a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join our team of innovative people revolutionizing the home construction industry! The most exciting chapter of your career may just be a click away!