UACF is looking for strong Software Engineers in Test who can work with QA and the Development team in building and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases, maintaining and adding to the existing automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development testing. The SET will also work closely with Software Developers and other engineers in small scrum teams to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases with a strong emphasis on using code to solve technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation.
- Estimate test efforts, analyze and communicate test results and participate in day to day QA Activities. · Add to our company’s performance and scalability testing efforts and improve the test frameworks, tools and technologies used by the organization to maintain a high quality bar.
- Work with Development, Test and Product Management to design and implement test and validation strategies.
- Execute and manage test cases and results; report on test and defect metrics.
- Create, execute and troubleshoot automated test scenarios across our systems.
- Contribute to robust, scalable, and high quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Contribute to the building of a continuous Integration (CI) environment and ongoing process improvement activities.
- Identify required improvements in the test and development processes; make contributions to our automation tools that address specific needs.
- Maintain a high quality bar in a complex and constantly evolving workspace
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with software testing and automated test techniques with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Good knowledge of object oriented programming, along with requisite coding and debugging skills.
- Design and development skills in Java.
- Understanding of software design principles, patterns, algorithms, data structures and multi-threading concepts.
- Proven ability to translate functional requirements and use cases into working test plans and test cases.
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Some knowledge of continuous integration practices, preferably using Jenkins/Hudson.
- Experience working in an agile environment preferred.
- Passion for improving code quality through interaction with development team.
- Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or Equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An awareness of privacy and security by design principles is a plus