Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team!
WILL YOU…PROTECT THIS HOUSE?!
We are looking for an experienced PROGRAM MANAGER to join us in in supporting the world’s largest health and fitness community with more than 220 million users worldwide. As a member of the Program Management Team, aligned to our Connected Devices team, you will be responsible for driving the development, app integration, and maintenance of UA-branded devices such as the connected shoes.
The Connected Devices team works with the UA Innovation team and other partners, both internal and external, to create device requirements, test pre-production devices, collect data to refine device algorithms, and bring the devices to market. The team also develops and maintains app libraries that are used in Under Armour Connected Fitness applications such as MapMyRun which connect with the device to unlock features and data over Bluetooth communication.
We need someone who is detail-oriented, excellent at team motivation, skilled at navigating unknown territories and committed to delivering on time, with a high quality bar. It doesn’t hurt if you are passionate about health and fitness.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of the Under Armour team, building the latest in digital & physical products to make all athletes better.
- You define and track milestones for all connected device programs, covering development and certification of hardware, firmware and software work streams.
- You own regular status reporting and communications with internal and external teams + UA executives for your programs.
- You direct activities across multiple cross-functional teams (Product, Design, Engineering, QA, etc.), and proactively identify and manage dependencies across them.
- You track down dependencies with Under Armour external groups like Marketing, Footwear and Innovations team on behalf of Connected Devices.
- You escalate issues and impacts to delivery timelines and work proactively with teams to mitigate delivery risks.
- You facilitate Agile ceremonies, including Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, and Sprint Demos.
- You track Delivery metrics for your project teams and champion Retrospectives to identify opportunities to tune existing processes to raise the quality bar and deliver faster.
- You inspire teamwork without direct reporting authority for cross-functional team members.
- You manage third party vendor contracts and the work efforts of external partners.
- You contribute thought leadership to the greater Connected Fitness Project Management team.
- Ability to plan out hardware releases with long lead times and hard deadlines in parallel to iterative mobile development using Agile methodologies.
- 5+ years of experience managing delivery for cross-functional teams with a track record of delivering complex software or hardware projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Acute attention to detail and exemplary communication & organization skills.
- Strong proficiency in software dependency management across various technology stacks, including: platform, middleware, Web, and native Android / iOS applications.
- Flexibility to help teams execute without perfect process or overbearing checklists.
- Demonstrated excellence in program-level reporting to executive stakeholders.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent mix of experience and certification or education.
- Experience developing consumer software products – either as a software developer or in a related technical role.
- Experience bringing new hardware to a US or International market.
- Hands-on experience with JIRA or Confluence (alternatively: Rally, VersionOne, etc.).