Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team!
WILL YOU…PROTECT THIS HOUSE?!
We are looking for an experienced PROGRAM MANAGER to join us in in supporting the world’s largest health and fitness community with more than 220 million users worldwide. As the lead of our MyFitnessPal (MFP) project management team, you will be responsible for planning and managing the delivery efforts of the MFP cross functional team, including Product, Design, Engineering and QA. You will flex between many roles such as Program Manager, Scrum Master, Project Manager, Vendor Manager, and Release Manager in order to get work across the finish line. However, the most important role will be as Manager to two project managers who also own projects in the MFP roadmap.
We need a problem solver, someone willing to break processes to make new ones. You should be a servant leader, able to motivate and lead your project teams without authority. Our project stakeholders and business leaders require a great communicator in this role, someone able to illustrate the state of a program to an Under Armour executive but can also build dashboards and wikis for a scrum team. You will coach your direct reports, share lessons learned and thought leadership to elevate their performance as project managers.
It doesn’t hurt if you are passionate about health and fitness. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of the Under Armour team, building the latest in digital & physical products to make all athletes better.
- You plan, direct and oversee the work of two project managers that make up the MFP project management team.
- You serve as the bridge between MFP product and engineering objectives and the results delivered by our project teams, ensuring that resources are aligned to the right initiatives and improve the predictability of project results.
- You own regular status reporting and communications with internal and external teams + UA executives for your programs.
- You direct activities across multiple cross-functional teams (Product, Design, Engineering, QA, etc.), and proactively identify and manage dependencies across them.
- You escalate issues and impacts to delivery timelines and work proactively with teams to support them in execution those projects.
- You conduct Agile ceremonies, including Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, and Sprint Demos for your projects.
- You track Delivery metrics for your project teams and champion Retrospectives to identify opportunities to tune existing processes to raise the quality bar and deliver faster.
- You inspire teamwork without direct reporting authority for project managers and cross-functional team members on your programs & projects.
- You manage third party vendor contracts and work efforts under the MFP program.
- You contribute thought leadership to the greater UACF Project Management and mentor junior project managers.
- 5+ years of experience managing delivery for cross-functional teams with a track record of delivering complex software projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Acute attention to detail and exemplary communication & organization skills.
- Ability to plan and deliver programs in a blended Agile and more traditional Waterfall development environments.
- Strong proficiency in software dependency management across various technology stacks, including: platform, middleware, Web, and native Android / iOS applications.
- Flexibility to help teams execute without perfect process or overbearing checklists.
- Demonstrated excellence in program-level reporting to executive stakeholders.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent mix of experience and certification or education.
- Experience developing consumer software products – either as a software developer or in a related technical role.
- Hands-on experience with JIRA or Confluence (alternatively: Rally, VersionOne, etc.).
- Experience defining and managing continuous software releases across multiple teams.