MyFitnessPal, part of Under Armour Connected Fitness
MyFitnessPal is the world's largest diet and fitness tracking smartphone app and website. We focus on using social and gamification elements to motivate users to optimize their exercise and caloric intake. We have the largest database of food and food logging history in the world. In February 2015, MyFitnessPal joined Under Armour's family of connected fitness technology.
MyFitnessPal is looking for extraordinary engineers for our MyFitnessPal Services team. We're keeping ourselves busy by designing and building scalable microservices from the ground up. Our community of over 200 million users provides us with plenty of challenging scaling problems. We are continuously improving our set of services and strengthening the foundation for our mobile and internal applications. We're focused on providing our users with amazing health and fitness experiences.
As a Technical Lead on the MyFitnessPal Services team you will...
● Design and implement high performance scalable data centric microservices
● Provide leadership and coaching to increase the success of your team
● Lead communication with product teams, client teams and other teams in the organization
● Impart technical expertise to improve/refactor existing services and processes
● Translate big ideas into simple, elegant solutions
● 7+ years recommended experience writing software within an Agile or similar development environment
● Experience with at least two programming or scripting languages and a desire to learn more