Under Armour Connected Fitness, the world’s largest fitness ecosystem, is looking for a Director of Engineering to lead the Nutrition Engineering organization in San Francisco. A successful candidate will have a proven background of developing and growing other leaders, technical experience building consumer applications, and a passion for leadership.
As the Director of Engineering for the Nutrition Engineering team, you will:
- Own the development, delivery, and operational support of the MyFitnessPal Android, iOS, and Web applications and APIs.
- Work closely with Product Management and Design on aligning against business goals, as well as developing a strategic roadmap for the organization.
- Hire and develop software engineers and software engineering leaders and managers.
- Communicate with peers, senior leadership, and direct reports on progress against goals.
- Work with your engineering leads, QA and Program Management to develop a strategy around process improvement.
- Mentor other leaders and managers
- Drive continuous improvement in: engineering efficiency, operational excellence, scaling, and computing cost management.
- 12+ years of software development experience, 4+ or more spent in leadership/management.
- 2+ years managing other software managers and/or team leads.
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Scala, Objective C, Swift, C++, Ruby, or Python
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent related education/experience.
- Backend software development of large-scale, distributed systems, using micro-services.
- Mobile software development (preferred: consumer applications)
- Direct experience with at least 1 relational and non-relational database
- Experience running software services on Amazon Web Services.
- Interest in nutrition and/or food sciences
- Experience with machine learning and big data