Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build a Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
About UACF (Under Armour Connected Fitness):
UACF is the leader in Connected Fitness – the world’s largest digital health and fitness community with the following flagship consumer brands – MapMyFitness, MyFitnessPal and Endomondo. Among the most popular apps on iOS and Android, these apps and websites provide interactive tools to make fitness and nutrition social, simple and rewarding. In addition, they continue to drive rapid growth and user adoption, with over 200 million downloads across the UACF network. UACF’s mission is to make all athletes better through passion, design and the relentless pursuit of innovation. We are enabling our users’ journey to achieving their health and wellness goals for millions of users around the world.
About UACF Media Team:
UACF uses our best-in-class audience to connect brands before, during and after every workout, every accomplishment and every win. We believe that advertising – when done well with the right audience – can greatly enhance the user experience and generate a positive brand association for our advertising partners. UACF offers advertisers a rich array of innovative advertising solutions to engage with the most active, health-conscious market in the world.
This position is located in the UACF Austin, TX office.
Director of Marketing Services Role:
The Director of Marketing Services will be responsible for managing the Sales Solutions and Ad Operations teams. Principally, you’ll drive the ideation of marketing concepts, integrated proposals, media planning and program execution to attract and increase UACF’s cross-platform (mobile, desktop, video, other) advertising business. Critically, you will be a liaison between the UACF Media team and Under Armour categories, including Sports Marketing, Engagement and Brand teams in order to bring fully integrated campaigns to life.
As the leader of our integrated media planning and strategy teams, you will be tasked with managing the creation of innovative presentations that include display, video, content, mobile, and offline solutions that meet client objectives and drive revenue. You will also manage the creation of the media plans to deliver the campaigns, and collaborate with finance, strategy, analytics research and creative teams to deliver sales marketing solutions that are aligned with revenue objectives.
You will be successful by using your ability to influence and build strong relationships, coordinate projects, resolve issues cross functionally between Sales Solutions, Sales, Ad Operations, Finance and Client Services and influence your peers and superiors throughout the organization. Most important, you must build a team capable of driving results for the UACF Media team across each of these areas of focus.
- Lead and manage the Marketing Services team with accountability and a focus on results.
- Serve as liaison between business and functional units in the ideation, coordination, planning, communication, and success of client campaigns.
- Development of integrated marketing proposals across a variety of selling categories and budget levels
- Engage and oversee internal departments (Creative, Experiential, etc.) and outside vendors to achieve successful outcomes
- Support department signature programs, including owning UACF activations within larger tentpole UA events and executing media sponsorships that are part of them
- Develop and maintain effective relationships and regular contact with key stakeholders
- Perform client assessments to determine best sales approach
- Find ways to implement initiatives that improve the effectiveness or efficiency of sales and the fit of these services with the client’s goals.
- Build strong cross functional relationships with the UACF Media leadership team as well as with UACF as a whole.
- Must be adaptive, flexible and able to function effectively in a high-growth environment.
- High integrity and the ability to communicate effectively with client, team, and partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with a minimum 7-10 years of account management and/or advertising sales experience
- Ability to sell and lead the development of successful marketing solutions into senior management
- Successful team building and management experience
- Consistent delivery of brand experiences across all customer touchpoints
- Excellent marketing, business development, analytical, presentation and team management skills
- Demonstrated cross- matrix management experience
- Documented history of driving client brand and financial goals
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Successful account management experience or relatable experience is required