About UACF (Under Armour Connected Fitness):
UACF is the leader in Connected Fitness – building the world’s largest digital health and fitness community by providing interactive tools to make fitness and nutrition social, simple and rewarding. The flagship consumer brands – MapMyFitness, Endomondo, UA Record and MyFitnessPal – are among the most popular apps on iOS and Android and the cloud-based platforms have been supporting a rapid growth of over 100,000 new users every day for a total of 200+ million users across the UACF network. UACF’s mission is to make all athletes better through passion, design and the relentless pursuit of innovation. We are changing the way millions of people around the world achieve their fitness and wellness goals supporting the Under Armour mission to “Make All Athletes Better”.
About Connected Fitness Global Business and Corporate Development
UACF Global Business and Corporate Development team is responsible for generating medium and long term new revenue, product development and user growth. Through strategic partnerships, M&A and new market development, the team accelerates one of the fastest growing companies in the world while also playing a key role in bringing UA’s Apparel and Digital businesses together. Our responsibility is global in scope and spans all product lines and business units, making the team an interesting, challenging and valuable place to be within Under Armour. Today we have a small team of broadly and highly skilled, ambitious team players with diverse experience and a passion for improving fitness and wellness globally.
The Senior Manager of BD & CD will contribute to this mission by leading strategic partnership opportunities end-to-end, globally. Therefore, the Senior Manager must be a creative, strategic, ROI-focused and execution-oriented leader. Someone with the ability to lead, organize and motivate internal teams as well as interact with both internal and partner executives with ease. The Senior Manager is also expected to drive prioritization as a key theme and improve the UA BD function, conceiving and implementing ideas, best practices, processes that will make the function world-class.
- Partner closely with UA executives to contribute to business and product strategy; helps drive build/buy/partner decision
- Originate new business/product opportunities as well as solutions for existing business & product needs
- Leverage personal, BD and UA networks and proactive sourcing efforts to identify and engage prospective companies
- Qualify partner/buy opportunities considering UA corp. strategy, product & financial requirements, and full set of target business criteria
- Build highly compelling business cases and rationale for opportunities in order to get organizational support and resourcing
- Lead initiatives holistically from idea to ‘launch’, including virtual cross-functional teams
- Drive clear prioritization of opportunities and bring in new BD/CD best practices, processes, and help improve BD operations overall
- Develop and build relationships with potential partner organizations across a broad range of industry verticals (eg. OEMs/platforms, health & wellness software/hardware, media/content, healthcare, fitness, nutrition)
- 3-5+ years of strategic business development experience spanning opportunities across new revenue, product enablement and user growth. M&A experience a strong plus
- Deep exposure to mobile software and hardware products, user experiences, business models and technologies. Experience in digital fitness, wellness, health software/devices a strong plus; apparel and physical retail also a plus
- Strong analytical capabilities in terms of building P&Ls, advanced business modelling using MBA-level financial analysis and key internet, mobile, digital product and media analytics. Strong strategic thinker who can easily paint a vision within the organization.
- Strong writing and communication skills - ability to communicate concisely and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Sharp negotiation skills and ability to structure business agreements
- Data-driven decision maker, able to synthesize information and turn it into successful strategy
- Highly credible presence and engagement style; comfortable presenting to large and small groups, C-level executives
- Experience in effectively managing strategic partner relationships across many different functions and levels, including C-level executives
- Organized, entrepreneurial self-starter; able to identify what needs to get done, then willing and able to make it happen
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership; able to bring together and influence large virtual senior-level cross-functional teams to insure opportunity success
- Proven team player; participation and achievement in team-based sports a strong plus
- BS/BA required, MBA from top school highly desirable; Mobile/consumer software product management or marketing experience a big plus
What's Next: If you're interested in joining the team at Under Armour Connected Fitness, please send a cover letter along with your resume telling us what inspires you about Connected Fitness and why you think you are perfect for the team. Please note that we will not accept any applications without a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!