We are looking for a motivated Project Manager to join us in the continuous development of the world’s largest health and fitness community with more than 200 million users worldwide. As a member of the Program Management Team at Under Armour Connected Fitness (UACF) aligned to our Nutrition product, MyFitnessPal, you will work closely with Product Management, Design, Engineering, QA and others to coordinate and assist in the delivery of products and features that improve the health and quality of life for our users.
We need someone who is detail-oriented, excellent at team motivation & accountability, and committed to delivering on time, with a high quality bar. It doesn’t hurt if you are passionate about health and fitness.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of the Under Armour team, building the latest in digital & physical products to make all athletes better.
- You support the MyFitnessPal Technical Program Managers to deliver new projects and features for the Nutrition platform, web and mobile applications.
- You direct activities across cross-functional teams (Product, Design, Engineering, QA, etc.), and proactively identify and manage dependencies across them.
- You inspire teamwork without direct reporting authority for cross-functional team members on your projects.
- You conduct Agile ceremonies, including Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, and Sprint Demos for your projects.
- You coordinate keeping all project artifacts up to date in UACF business systems like Confluence and JIRA, also responsible for creating project monitoring tools like Dashboards and Risk logs to avoid project pitfalls.
- You escalate issues and impacts to delivery timelines and work proactively with teams to support them in execution of projects.
- You own the localization process for our digital products with a third party vendor in support of our global audience.
- You coordinate with our Sales & Media teams to launch new sponsored Challenges in our Nutrition products which includes tracking down the content for engineering teams and managing the rollout to the large MyFitnessPal audience.
- You innovate with the wider UACF Program Management Office to create a strategy for programs & projects to ship more effectively.
- 2+ years of experience working in a cross-functional team environment with a track record of being a part of software projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Acute attention to detail and exemplary communication & organization skills.
- Proficiency in software dependency management across technology stacks, for example middleware services, web and native applications.
- Flexibility to help teams execute without perfect process or overbearing checklists.
- Coordinate with third party vendors and remote teams to clear the path for your engineers to deliver projects on time.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Hands-on experience with JIRA or Confluence (alternatively: Rally, VersionOne, etc.).
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Experience delivering consumer software products – either as a business analyst, software developer or project manager role.
- Experience coordinating software releases across multiple teams, including external groups like customer support, quality assurance, and marketing teams.