About Under Armour Connected Fitness
As an established leader in performance and innovation, Under Armour Connected Fitness is dedicated to improving the health and fitness of millions of athletes worldwide. Powered by the foundation of the MapMyFitness and MyFitnessPal suite of mobile apps and websites, Under Armour Connected Fitness continues to deliver game-changing solutions to how athletes train, perform and improve by creating the ultimate worldwide digital community dedicated to health and fitness. The team of digital products currently under the Under Armour Connected Fitness brand include MyFitnessPal, Under Armour Record, Armour39, MapMyRun, MapMyRide, MapMyFitness, MapMyWalk and MapMyHike.
We value enabling product teams to move fast. To do this, we must remove as many dependencies as possible. This requires small, cross-functional teams that can operate largely autonomously and includes responsibility for many operational aspects of the service/application. Service Reliability Engineers (SRE) are teammates who take primary DevOps responsibility within product engineering teams. SREs bridge the gap between product engineering teams and centralized operations.
As an Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
- Build and maintain low latency, high performance, scalable systems in a polyglot architecture
- Ensure UACF platform can support massive, global user growth while achieving rigorous SLAs
- Enforce best practices for metrics gathering, monitoring, and alarming.
- Accelerate the UACF team by making service/application deployment and builds fast, simple, and reliable.
- Provide basic data administration and optimization, and monitoring.
- Provide basic network administration and troubleshooting.
- Assist in the technology selection for core computing and software infrastructure along with data persistence.
- Collaborate with the centralized infrastructure team as the engineering stakeholder for UACF applications, providing feedback and helping to implement the infrastructure roadmap as applicable.
- Act as a proactive advisor to the UACF team on how to build scalable, manageable services.
- Evangelize and educate the development team on scalability, security, and reliability concerns while assisting the team in efforts to build these checks into the development workflow.
For the UA Connected Fitness team, we are looking for:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience (5+ years).
- Strong understanding of scaling systems reliably in AWS (global experience a bonus).
- Production experience with with data stores and/or async messaging (MongoDB, Dynamo, Redis, MySQL, Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc)
- Exposure to containers (Docker)
- An understanding of continuous integration tooling (Jenkins)
- Experience utilizing good software development practices/patterns/architecture
- Proficient in at least one programming language (ideally Python, Java, or Scala)
- Enjoy working on a team.
- Pick up new things quickly.
- Write clean, elegant, readable and well-documented code.