We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to join us in the continuous development of the world’s largest health and fitness community with more than 200 million users worldwide. As a member of the Program Management Team at UACF on our Run products (including MapMyRun), you will work closely with Product Management, Design, Engineering, QA and others to coordinate and assist in the delivery of products and features that improve health and quality of life for our users.
We need someone who is detail-oriented, excellent at team motivation & accountability, and committed to delivering on time, with a high quality bar. It doesn’t hurt if you are passionate about health and fitness. You will be responsible for multiple work streams across at least four development teams, comprising the Run program that delivers digital and physical products across more than four platforms.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of the Under Armour team, building the latest in digital & physical products to make all athletes better.
- You help define and track milestones for all of your programs & projects.
- You own regular status reporting (to teams & executives) for your programs & projects.
- You direct activities across multiple cross-functional teams (Product, Design, Engineering, QA, etc.), and proactively identify and manage dependencies across them.
- You escalate issues and impacts to delivery timelines and work proactively with teams to support them in execution of programs & projects.
- You coordinate with Product Owners to groom User Stories and build Tasks for a product backlog.
- You conduct Agile ceremonies, including Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, and Sprint Demos for your projects.
- You inspire teamwork without direct reporting authority for project managers and cross-functional team members on your programs & projects.
- You innovate with the PMO and delivery teams to create a strategy for programs & projects to ship more effectively.
- 3–5+ years of experience managing delivery for cross-functional teams with a track record of delivering complex software projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Acute attention to detail and exemplary communication & organization skills.
- Ability to plan and deliver programs in a blended Agile and more traditional Waterfall development environments.
- Strong proficiency in software dependency management across various technology stacks, including some of: platforms, middleware, Web, native applications, and connected devices.
- Flexibility to help teams execute without perfect process or overbearing checklists.
- Demonstrated excellence in program-level reporting to executive stakeholders.
Desired Skills & Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent mix of experience and certification or education.
- Experience developing consumer software products – either as a software developer or in a related technical role.
- Hands-on experience with JIRA or Confluence (alternatively: Rally, VersionOne, etc.).
- Experience defining and operating software release management across multiple teams.
- Experience in product localization and internationalization.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with differing release schedules.
- Any experience with hardware production programs & timelines.