Manages and oversees the Program Management Office (PMO) to ensure Under Armour Connected Fitness (UACF) programs and projects align with the organization’s strategic goals. Defines and manages the front door process to initiate new UACF projects. Develops and implements PMO processes and policies, directs project management staff, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize and staff projects to maximize the performance of the UACF delivery teams. The manager provides support to executive leadership in communicating strategic goals, program roadmaps and is aligned to the larger Under Armour Program Management Office in Baltimore to ensure appropriate UACF programs are prioritized and represented in their roadmap.
Scope of Responsibilities
Sr. Manager, Program Management will be a strategic partner to the Executive Leadership team, focused on aligning UACF resources to the right programs and projects to best support the organization’s strategic goals. This manager will negotiate conflicting priorities across Design, Product and Engineering teams to ensure programs are staffed appropriately.
This role will establish a UACF Program Management Office and directly oversee the project management staff. All supervisory and people development responsibilities for this staff will roll up to this manager. This role will also define the UACF Methodology for delivering projects with input from project management staff and leaders from the business, product, engineering and design teams. The UACF Methodology will respect individual team dynamics such as team composition, product maturity lifecycle and user impact while elevating UACF teams into high performing project teams. Our methodology should address but not be limited to:
- Roles & responsibility definitions
- Makings of a good user story and requirements definition
- Agile ceremony cadence
- Best practices for project management tools like Confluence and JIRA
- Define KPIs for measuring Product Delivery Teams and Measure / Monitor
- Vendor management
- Budget tracking
This role and the Program Management Office will continually improve methodologies by measuring and monitoring product delivery team’s performance over time.
This role will also be capable of managing the delivery of complex programs when necessary, fulfilling all the responsibilities of a project manager role for high risk, multi-million dollar programs. Working directly with cross functional teams such as Product, Design, Engineering and Quality Assurance.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience managing cross-functional projects, preferably in a consulting or agency environment working with product management, design and technical team members
- Track record of successful product delivery in a dynamic digital product development environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, facilitation, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to motivate a project team and inspire teamwork in fast paced, complex environments
- Applies project management experience, perspectives and best practices to projects for successful delivery
- Brings a working knowledge of contract interpretation and contract management
- Direct supervisory experience of project management staff