Come join Under Armour and create software to power the future of connected fitness. We’re serious about individual growth and athlete achievement, and we’d like you to join us to build real products that will help millions of people improve their lives through better health & fitness. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by one of the strongest consumer brands in history.
We're looking to add a new Software Engineer to our Foundational Services organization, which powers an ecosystem of over 200M athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and people pursuing a healthy lifestyle. In this role, you will build services, tools, and libraries that enable innovations in our suite of applications that span web, wearable devices, and mobile including MyFitnessPal and MapMyFitness.
You should apply for this role if you:
- Want to make a real-world impact
- Are ready to take ownership and responsibility for your work
- Are interested in growing as both an engineer and a teammate
- Like learning new programming languages
- Have a solid understanding of both computer science fundamentals and what it takes to build internet-scale applications. You likely have a degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Have experience with microservices architectures
- Experience with Java
- High volume Message Queues such as Kafka
- Familiarity with AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
Under Armour is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, ancestry, color, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, language, age, history of conviction of criminal or summary conviction offence that is unrelated to the employment or to the intended employment of that individual, social condition, receipt of public assistance, political convictions or beliefs, physical or mental disability, handicap or the use of any means to palliate a handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, civil status, family status, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by protected status.