Product Manager, Growth + Engagement
Under Armour’s Connected Fitness Product team is looking for a Product Manager to lead CRM and engagement initiatives across our suite of digital products. This position will be responsible for delivering data products that power personalized experiences for our athletes. In addition to data products, this teammate will focus on driving addressable audience growth for our MyFitnessPal and MapMyRun application suites.
A successful Product Manager is passionate about great products. They have a thoughtful point of view about what makes products great or terrible. They can also translate their point of view into product requirements that result in great software. Product Managers are analytical. They must be confident enough to analyze numbers and make decisions based on them, but also curious enough to understand why they may be wrong. Great PMs are peculiar. On the one hand, they are incredibly meticulous, but on the other hand they know when to let go. They enable others to do their best work by articulating the boundaries of a problem and staying focused on what matters to users. The ability to communicate clearly is paramount. Product Management is art and science, strategy and tactics, passion and reason.
At Under Armour, our vision is to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed and can’t imagine living without. To do this as a member of the Product team, it will help if you identify as an athlete, but this isn’t a requirement. However, your ability to understand users and put their needs first might be the most critical requirement of all. We are passionate about making athletes better. And in order to do this, we must stay close to our users, which means doing survey research, designing experiments, digging into product analytics, and talking to users whenever possible.
What You’ll Do
- Build a Vision: Transform insights and strategy into tactical product decisions and direction, and get buy-in from all critical cross-functional stakeholders
- Understand our users: Identify user needs and spot opportunities to build personalized experiences that improve engagement and retention, grow the user base and delight our (current and potential) users.
- Know the competition: Understand the competitive space better than anyone else. Be an expert in Connected Fitness with a point of view on how we differentiate our experience today and into the future.
- Prioritize efforts: Scope, prioritize, and schedule features to maximize impact on users and the long-term differentiation of our products.
- Deliver customer value early and often: This includes writing specifications and leading multidisciplinary teams (engineering, design, project management, etc.) to deliver new and iterative experiences
- Measure and iterate: Optimize product features through A/B testing. Analyze product data and make iterative product changes based on user feedback.
- Communicate strategically: Know when to communicate what to whom. Bring teammates to the table at the right time and ensure effective flow of information across the team.
Who You Are
- 2+ years in digital product management role
- Experience working in Agile product development teams
- Experience launching features in B2C applications
- Data fluency in analytic tools like Amplitude, Google Analytics, Branch, or Omniture
- Passionate about fitness and making all athletes better
- Able to collaborate with and motivate cross-discipline teams to achieve goals
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to find answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data
- Experience in optimizing product features after release through data-driven iteration
- Ability to summarize complex problems and present to executive staff in a clear and concise way
Desired Skills + Experience
- BA / BS in a technical field
- Experience launching or managing data products or working with data engineering teams
- Prior experience managing user consents and data privacy
- Understanding of push notifications systems across iOS and Android devices
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health Savings Accounts
- Home Buying Assistance Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Additional Discounted Coverage options including: Universal Life, Pet, Legal, Auto and Home Insurance, and Identity Theft Protection
Health & Wellness
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Innovative Health Support
- Fitness Benefits and Resources
Life, Work, and Family
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holiday
- Maternity and Parental Leave and additional parental benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- Child/Adult Care Resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certifications
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days
- Under Armour Merchandise Discounts