At Under Armour, we’re building the data products and services to power the future of our digital consumer experience.
Performing alongside analytics, data science, and digital marketing teams and across channels such as MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness and UA.com, we’d like you to join our cross-cutting Data Platform team in building real solutions to centralize, enrich, and activate the digital experiences of over 200M athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and people pursuing a healthy lifestyle. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by one of the strongest consumer brands in history.
We're looking to add a new Senior Data Engineer to our Data Platform team, which powers the storage, processing, integration and cataloging of our consumer data. In this role, you will work across teams to build pipelines, services, and tools that enable both UA teammates and our consumer endpoints with the data, information, and knowledge to fulfill Under Armour’s mission to make all athletes better.
In this role, you will:
- Design, build, integrate, and maintain services that are critical to Under Armour’s data infrastructure and consumer engagement
- Work across teams up and down the analytic and marketing stacks to understand how to improve or expand our data products and services and get that work on our roadmaps
- Contribute to the mission of the Data Platform today and build the vision for its future
Projects you could work on:
- Overhaul of our centralized consumer data store for analytics and operations: evolving global data regulations require a revised approach for how we manage and respect the data of our consumers throughout the stack.
- Integrate and deploy tooling for consumer identity resolution and marketing activation across our various consumer endpoints: this is a greenfield opportunity to forge a new way of operating across teams as well as data sources and destinations
- Fully realize our vision of event data flows: continue to migrate from batch flows into a federated event model across our landscape and grow into the space of data enrichment via event flows
- Deploy self-service model for analytics teams to publish data into our platform: grow our community of practice for data at UA by facilitating discoverability and sharing of data products across the enterprise
You should apply for this role if you:
- Want to make a real-world impact
- Are ready to take ownership and responsibility for your work
- Enjoy working with and evaluating emerging technologies
- Prefer to own and drive projects from start (requirements gathering) to finish (production deployment)
- Have a solid understanding of both computer science fundamentals and what it takes to build high-volume data products and services. You likely have a degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Knowledge of security and privacy best practices
- Experience with Hive, Spark, Kafka, Airflow
- Programming knowledge in SQL, Python, Scala, Java
- Experience with AWS data-related services such as EMR, Glue, S3, Lambda
- Experience with Snowflake and related services such as Snowpipe