This is a great opportunity to join one of the most explosive growth companies in the world! We are investing in our systems and team today to support a much larger business in the future. We are seeking an energetic and self-driven individual with a strong project management background to help implement and deliver critical strategic business and IT projects. The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy. Manages and oversees all aspects of a project to ensure it is completed on-time and within budget. Has overall responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors, and contractual deliverable. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. Partner with Key Stakeholders by utilizing project management methods to deliver various projects or program with multiple project/work streams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead the planning and implementation of project plans
- Own the execution of a project from kickoff to completion
- Accountable for ensuring Key Stakeholder alignment on project scope, budget, resource plan, key milestone management and risk management for each project
- Develop a project schedule through completion that effectively allocates the resources
- Define and prioritize project tasks for project teammates
- Apply Project Management Principles, establish tracking metrics and deliver commitments to the business on-time and on-budget while minimizing risks
- Responsible for change management and communications plans throughout a project
- Provide project evaluation and assessment of results
- Apply traditional and agile project management methods
- Mentor and assist with the onboarding and training of the Associate PM level and contracted teammates
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Influencer - Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others outside of their direct-reporting lines
- Oral Communication - Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and articulate ideas and actionable recommendations. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Teamwork - Loves being part of a team, both leading and serving; demonstrated deep commitment to colleagues. Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Action Oriented - "Can do" and "does do" attitude; authentically engaged with people and situations.
- Accountability - Commits to stretch goals and delivers; holds self to highest performance standards.
- Process Mindset - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Big Picture Thinker. Ability to connect the dots, link inter-dependencies within the project and understand key decision impacts
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional PMP certification in good standing required
- 2+ years’ work experience in a high-growth dynamic operating environment, with 2+ years in operational and/or technical project management roles
- 2+ years management experience leading a small team; including recruiting and development of staff or leading/managing a cross functional process in a matrix organization
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Proficient in project management techniques and tools / software
- Comfortable with language barriers or constraints; bilingual language skills are a plus
- Travel approx. 30%, dependent on the project