Come join Under Armour and create software to power the future of digital products. We’re serious about individual growth and athlete achievement, and we’d like you to join us to build real products that will help millions of people improve their athletic lives. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by one of the strongest consumer brands in history.
We're looking to add a new lead software engineer to our Digital Product organization, which powers an ecosystem of over 200M athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and people pursuing a healthy lifestyle. In this role, you will build services, tools, and libraries that enable innovations in our suite of applications that span web and mobile. As a lead software engineer, you will work closely with teammates across UA Digital and UA E-Commerce.
You should apply for this role if you:
- Want to make a real-world impact
- Are ready to take ownership and responsibility for your work
- Are interested in growing as both an engineer and a teammate
- Like learning new programming languages
- Able to thrive in abstract projects
- Help other teammates grow through mentorship and coaching
- Enjoy designing and building large scale distributed systems while delivering incremental value over the course of the project
- Have a solid understanding of both computer science fundamentals and what it takes to build internet-scale applications. You likely have a degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Have experience working at scale utilizing microservices architectures
- High volume Message Queues such as Kafka
- Familiarity with integrating third party systems
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
Other duties may be assigned:
- Lead a group of engineers, providing architectural guidance, code reviews, and mentorship
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Build and maintain UI applications and components
- Build and maintain supporting backend services integrating with a variety of third party systems.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Communicate clear execution plans to both technical teammates and non-technical business partners
Education and/or Experience:
- BS in CS or 7+ years of comparable experience
- Expertise and experience in large-scale applications