UA Connected Fitness has built the world's largest digital fitness community by providing tools to make fitness social, simple, and rewarding through a suite of flagship consumer fitness brands - MapMyFitness (MapMyRun, MapMyRide, MapMyWalk) and MyFitnessPal. Our goal is to help users around the world hit their fitness goals and drive value for the brand.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join the Connected Fitness Design. The Product Designer is instrumental in the discovery and execution of digital experiences for mobile and web products. This role is expected to deliver on user experience design, visual interface design, and opportunity to contribute to the overall product strategy. You will work collaboratively with other product designers, copywriters, product managers, developers, marketers and project managers on a variety of projects in a fast-paced and positive environment. We need someone who is detail-oriented with a high-quality bar.
The preferred candidate has experience in both mobile and web-based products. Ideally, you’ll balance both user goals and business needs to create stories, architecture, flows, and wireframes across user interfaces that help people accomplish their goals while achieving memorable and beautiful experiences.
It doesn’t hurt if you are passionate about health and fitness. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of the Under Armour team, building the latest in digital & physical products to make all athletes better.
This position is based in the Under Armour Connected Fitness headquarters in Austin, TX.
Note: To be considered, you must provide a link to an online portfolio.
- Generate and translate concepts into simple and elegant user experiences and interfaces that satisfy both business and user needs.
- Collaborate in the exploration of new, innovative product ideas while refining existing features.
- Create concept models, user interface sketches, experience diagrams, and detailed schematics.
- Socialize and present design solutions and rationale to the team and key stakeholders.
- Assist with user research and competitive analysis.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience in digital product design.
- Experience in both app-based mobile design (iOS and Android) and web.
- Experience adhering to and developing style and identity guidelines.
- Experience using Sketch and prototyping.
- Expert adapting to a variety of software tools and environments.
- Understanding and awareness of design trends.
- Experience working within diverse, dynamic, cross-functional teams.
- Eager to solicit feedback from real users and teammates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent experience.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with conducting user research and usability studies (both formal and guerrilla-style)
- Able to understand the conceptual basis of a brand and how it should inform the design.
- Sketching/drawing skills a plus.
- Familiarity with design to developer handoff.
- Considerate of file etiquette in a shared environment.