The Sr. Lead, Information Technology Business Partner “ITBP” will support the Director, ITBP in the Strategic Business Relationship Management in their functional/regional area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned.
Architecture and Strategy
- Leads with investigations, proposes and evaluates solutions.
- Leads in supporting business architecture (business models and process architectures).
- Provides analytical and conceptual direction throughout the change life-cycle, ensuring alignment and integrity of deliverables with the program and strategic objectives.
- Leads the development of business architecture standards and documentation.
- Provides recommendations to preserve the integrity of business processes across various changes to ensure the delivery of holistic integrated solutions.
- Participates in the identification of design and technical architectures to support business architecture and the businesses strategic intent.
Business Relationship Management
- Supports Director, ITBP in their functional/regional area.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with Business Process Owners (BPO) and super users.
- Conducts ‘Coaches’ meetings to approve and prioritize enhancement changes.
- Manages the demand queue set partner expectation on deliverables.
- Manages stakeholder perceptions and expectations with all IT services.
- Leads the development of metrics used to track value delivery.
- Leads gathering high level business requirements and defines scope during initial discovery
- Leads the development of business cases requiring IT-based solutions.
- Interfaces with vendors to understand whether their products will meet business and technical requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of multiple business functions and initiatives to identify where conflicts/synergies exist between technology and business functions.
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems and technologies within the framework of the Global Operating Model.
- Provides input to the Business Process Owner to facilitate with prioritizing and shaping the portfolio of enhancements and projects.
- Manages the demand management process and portfolio for the function/region with strong global alignment.
- Identifies and mitigates potential problems and conflicts with IT delivery.
- Drives the documentation of the “to be” business processes and identification of significant changes from current processes.
- Drives the documentation of the technical and data requirements.
- Supports the design team in areas that require an understanding of business processes and participates in design reviews.
- Obtains key inputs from enterprise architecture teams and identifies solution inter-dependencies.
- Engages with knowledge workers to incorporate usability and user interface needs.
- Assesses business process and system inefficiencies.
- Develops and executes test plans, performs quality assurance.
- Supports system conversions, upgrades, enhancements
ATTRIBUTES OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering.
- 6-8 years’ of IT experience, including business analysis and quality assurance.
- Basic understanding of information technology and business concepts.
- Broad IT domain experience.
- Strong communication, presentation, leadership skills, Process (BPMN) modelling skills.
- Familiarity with general business functions.
- Problem solving and communications skills.